Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Sagadahoc County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 23
Tue Oct 25, 2016
Melissamabramson asked:
Fri Aug 12, 2016
Kendratara answered:
Section 502 direct loans are used primarily to help low-income households purchasehomes. They can be used to build, repair, renovate, or relocate homes, or to purchaseand prepare sites, including providing water and sewage facilities. They may also be usedto refinance certain debts when necessary to avoid losing a home or when required tomake necessary rehabilitation of a house affordable.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 18, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
If you are getting a mortgage it will depend greatly on the lender you choose. Count on it being 30-45 days. I think you are smart by waiting until you are here to make an offer. I always work very quickly to get all documents executed on my end so that you can start the mortgage process sooner rathe then later.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer representative
Benchmark Real Estate
Portland Maine 04101
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 22, 2015
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
It's called winterizing the house and I banks do it all the time with properties that are vacant. A plumber should be able to take care of it for you. I can't imagine it being illegal, if you don't do it your pipes will freeze and ruin the entire plumbing and heating system of the house. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 13, 2014
Deb Penney answered:
yes home is sold as of 3/3/14 according to the MLS.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 10, 2014
Liz Walker answered:
This depends on if the inspection went well or not. If you are happy with the inspection, and you are ready to move to closing, I would say within 45 days at least. It would be best to hire a buyer's agent. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Margaret Mitchell answered:
Ask a local mortgage lender about a USDA rural development loan. They offer zero down payment loans if you meet certain guidelines. Here is a link with more information:.

In addition, some local banks offer their own first time homebuyer programs. Inquire with your local banks.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 11, 2013
Jeffrey Campbell answered:
A Realtor could help you with both of these questions but if you want to do something on your own... is a good place to start... you can search open houses.

Foreclosures are tough on your own but we've seen good information come out of Marketstreet Settlement Group... they often provide a list of current homes in similar situations...

hope this helps some...
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Terry Driscoll answered:
According to the MLS, it sold for $210,000 on 9/2/13.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
lindakennethjohnson asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Terry Driscoll answered:
This house is an estate sale with many unknowns - the disclosures state there is no septic system and the condition of electrical and heating systems, and most everything else, is unknown. The value is going to be in the land. If you aren't deterred by those details and you are a cash buyer, I'd be happy to help you investigate the property further - my office is right down the road in Bath. 443-4353. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Terry Driscoll answered:
This property was in foreclosure. I think I remember seeing the public notice of auction - don't recall when that was to have happened. If it didn't sell at auction, the bank will list it with a broker and it will show up on the on-line real estate websites again. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Keith Andrews answered:
Consider a lease option, or lease purchase agreement with a seller. This is also known as a rent to own arrangement and can give you the necessary time to build your credit scores. Higher credit scores generally translate to lower APR's. Just because you have a credit score in the 500's, doesn't mean you won't be able to get a loan. It may just mean you will pay a higher interest rate on it. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Dawn Haskell answered:
If you would like to give me a call at 4460722 I would love to answer some questions for you! Call Dawn Haskell at Century 21 Alliance I live in the area and can help you out.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 6, 2012
Ryan Rich answered:
Try this:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
It sure IS... It is called a condex and can be a 2 unit condo association. You should have a master insurance policy that covers the common areas such as walls and roof, you get your own insurance for the interior and your belongings. You should have a maintenance agreement that states who does what and what will happen say if the roof needs to be replaced. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 22, 2010
Brenda Rogers answered:
You've probably already found something, but yes it's always possible to go inside the house before your bidding. You can go in with a contractor or home inspector usually prior to everyone else seeing the home. Amnet realty in Auburn Maine (talk to Janet, she's great) has a huge list of foreclosures, and williams, and williams auction company does auctions nation wide and they are online. There are tons of other realators and auction companies out there but I have had good luck with both of these.

Good Luck, make sure to get home inspections, and title insurance on any property purchased this way!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 20, 2010
Steven M Dyer answered:
Hi Blueberry,

I put together a weekly Distressed Property List here on the MidCoast of Maine. Most of my business is working with Buyers who are looking to purchase property that is in some state of distress. There are a number of ways to purchase property that is not yet bank owned.

If you would like to start receiving my Distressed Property List, go to my blog post below to get your copy and sign up.

I would love to help you buy that property. Contact me by cell phone at (207) 975-9330 or by e-mail at

Steven M. Dyer, CRS
Keller Williams Realty
50 Sewall St., 2nd Floor
Portland, ME 04102
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Cnie7777 answered:
I have 26 houses that i just obtained from a bank foreclosure list that I am looking to lease to own. What areas are you interested in??

Christy Niemeyer
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Popular Cities in Sagadahoc County