Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Sacramento County : Real Estate Advice

  • All150
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying88
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 56
Wed Apr 12, 2017
Rwuhawks04 answered:
Hi Betty, tenants always get f*cked over, get with the program or buy a house. never trust a landlord, ever.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 27, 2017
Ranchsmitty answered:
Thu Feb 9, 2017
Courtnee Norton asked:
I have been with the same rental company for about two years now. In the time I have been with them, I have lived in two different units. While I was staying in the first unit, I had someone…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 28, 2017
Lauren E Jones answered:
Usually it takes 60 days to show. But it's always best to pay it so you don't end up in bad areas.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 11, 2017
Lordesmckenna answered:
I want to find out if a property owner has a mortgage or owns the property out right. How? Thanks!
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 20, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
An address would be needed to give you a more accurate answer. 95822 is a pretty big zip code.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 11, 2016
Tracycruz2006 asked:
it was an illegal eviction and will fight it but meantime we need to relocate to citrus heights is there anyone who can help
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 1, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
You can go down to our local sacramento county assessor's office and request the home owners based on address. I think you may be able to call and get the info as well.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 1, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
That's something that would be in a rental agreement. I suggest you get with the landlord put together a rental agreement that outlines garbage. Seems odd you would be responsible for it. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 2, 2016
Melanie Abeyta answered:
Will i still be eligible to rent a apartment if my current landlord does not answer his phone to me or the company im trying to rent with?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 30, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
See an attorney.

The most important question about your situation is whether or not you feel yourself in danger? If so, it is my opinion, your lease should have no bearing on your safety and you should move.

If your safety is not an issue, I would (again my opinion) start a log of complaints with your landlord, alerting him or her of the difficulty you are having. It may be easier to be "relieved" of your lease obligation if your situation cannot be resolved.

Since the obligation of your lease may be an issue, it would be wise to find a home and purchase "now" before having to deal with a landlord/tenant dispute should one occur.

Consulting an attorney regarding your rights and responsibilities of your lease agreement and the extent of potential "fall out" is your best bet for clear direction.

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 17, 2016
Dkreads answered:
Try looking for smaller properties that are owned by individuals instead of corporations. They will have more flexibility and won't have denials because standard policy from property managers who can't override it.

I would offer to have your wages garnished for rent, re convenience and security for the landlord that no matter how rough your financial straits get, as long as you're working the rent gets paid first. This would be especially attractive for small landlords because they don't have to wait/worry about "the check is in the mail"

A higher deposit is illegal in many areas, I know in my state if it's more than 2 months rent then the tenant is allowed to take the landlord to court for 3x the difference.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 14, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
You're asking for legal advice and we are not attorneys. Are you wanting out of the lease? It's unfortunate the owner is committing loan fraud. But...if you want/need a place to live and you'd like to rent this place...what the owner does is his/her own business, right? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 3, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
If you are comfortable with month to month, do nothing. If you want the security of a new lease, ask. The new lease could come with a rent adjustment, so be aware that is a possibility. If you stay month to month, the landlord can also give you notice and ask you to move out. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 29, 2014
Cindy Davis answered:
Thu Aug 21, 2014
Joel Johnson answered:
Sat May 24, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
If the issues you are concerned with rise to a certain level, you may be able to void your lease and move right away. Consult the California Landlord Tenant Law. I've attached a link below.
If these issues are not adequate to give you that right, be more selective in your next rental. Work promised should be complete before you move in.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 20, 2014
Heidi McIrvin answered:
I would try and contact a landlord through Craigslist, they usually do not do credit checks.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice