Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Sacramento County : Real Estate Advice

  • All151
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying89
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 20
Thu Mar 23, 2017
Jnmaragh answered:
I need to fill out an application to become a certified contractor
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 18, 2017
Gregg Pomeroy answered:
I would need more details.

I'm a mortgage professional.

Are you looking to get a mortgage under your daughters name ?

You can contact me if you would like to. I'm available almost 24/7. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 5, 2016
Angelica P answered:

To reset your password please select the Sign In button in the right hand corner at Here enter your email address associated with your Trulia account and select Submit. Here you will see the option to select "Forgot your password?"

If you did not receive the email into your main inbox, make sure to check your Spam and Junk folders, as sometimes the emails can get stuck in spam filters.

Please reply back to this email and let me know whether or not you received the email. If you did not receive it, I will be happy to further investigate the issue.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 5, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Thank you for contacting us, please follow these instructions on how to edit your profile. This includes editing your email address, password, name and more.

Go to the “Profile” page of your account.

Make any desired changes in the appropriate field.

Click the “Save Profile” button on the right side of your profile.

If you have additional questions or if I can be of further assistance in the meantime, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 19, 2016
Annette Lawrence answered:
Is there a question?

What exactly are you talking about?

Are you of the belief that those who purchase houses and sell them should not benefit from their skills and resources?

The ones who take advantage of the misfortune of others is the LENDER and investment group to whom the mortgage was sold.

Your message would be more effective if you were to make yourself a sign and parade in front of the big bank of your choice.
Whom you are directing your rant to at the moment is the wrong audience.

Real estate professionals neither buy or sell or set the prices.

How do you suggest real estate be sold? Serously....exactly how would you do it and determine the price to be paid in a market that has limited inventory.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 9, 2015
The Graveline Group answered:
Understand that ANYONE can post a rental. Trulia is only displaying 3rd party info, and there are ways for scammers to post fake listings on other websites which then get mirrored on trulia, zillow, realtor, etx.. When a deal seems too good to be true, it is.. ALWAYS verify EVERYTHING you see online with a local Realtor. Realtors adhere to a strict code of ethics which offers you consumer protection and piece of mind. Flag the listings and email Browse the agent directory to find a well reviewed local Realtor. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Kevin and Julie McLaughlin answered:
Since this was posted back in 2011, will you give us an update about your situation? By the way, IndyMac Mortgage Services is one of the easiest banks to do a short sale with...
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 24, 2011
Michele Peterson answered:
Call the utility company. They can usually give you approximate amounts.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 8, 2010
Belinda Popovich answered:
Hi Dawn,

I had sent you an email through trulia yesterday morning, look at your profile to see if you can locate my message as it has all the good into about the grant I spoke of and this grant doesn not need to be repaid. if you have trouble finding the email here on trulia you can email from your personal email to my business email and I can resend all of the info to you.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Paul K. Stout, CDPE, CRS, SRES answered:
Look in the yellow pages of your telephone book and find a good real estate attorney.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Karen Burns answered:
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Jim Swanson answered:
There is good advice here, already. I would only add that if you determine that you want to keep the home in the family, a great resource is NeighborWorks which is a non-profit whose purpose is to help promote home ownership through getting people into their first homes AND keeping them there. They are a great resource for information and advacocy. They can be found at

Good Luck!
... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Jim Swanson answered:
First, you need to decide do you want to keep the house. If you do, then the HOPE approach is a good way to go. You can also go to NeighborWorks which is a non profit with offices aorund the country, including sacramento. Their website is THey are great at helping people stay in their homes. Totally free service.

On the other hand, since there is no equity to split, it might just be easier to short-sell the property. This is usually better than a "strategic default" where you walk away form the house and let it foreclose.

So, the decision is to keep it or not. Either way, there are simple outcomes. Your divorce lawyer can advise you as to which path makes the already terribly difficult process that much easier.

Good luck!

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Sue Archer Reynolds answered:
Find which county the home is located in. Here in California deeds are in the County recorders office. Michigan may have a different name for that.

the other place that could access that for you is any title company that has query capability in Michigan. You may contact a local title company here, as many have a relationship with others in other states. But you may need to pay for that service for them to access it online for you....personally, I'd try to contact the county directly first. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Beth Moran answered:
Greetings Amanda,
Everyone has commented on getting yourself qualified with a lender first and I agree that is your first step and after that I would suggest you examine your lifestyle and what you want in the way of neighborhood amenities. Each neighborhood has offers different things in addition to the obvious age of home and possible fees. If you'd like more information on which neighborhoods have mello roos or Home Owners fees you can go to my website and search online at ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2009
Erin answered:
The original was recorded with the County Recorder of the county in which the home is located. If it is Rancho Cordova, Google search "Sacramento County Clerk/Recorder." They can make you a copy for a fee. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 28, 2009
Sue Archer Reynolds answered:
All deeds recorded against a property are retained by the county recorder's office. There is an office downtown, across the courthouse, and one at Hazel and Madison in the Raley's shopping center. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2008
Keith Sorem answered:
You should talk with a Realtor that knows three things:
Your personal situation, your home, and the local market trends and values.
If you would like I 'd be happy to refer you to an expert in your area that can help you.

Your goal, if you need to sell, is to get top dollar. In truth homes that sell in the first 30 days of market time will sell at closest to asking price, so in most cases a quick sale will be a sale a market value.

Here is an example:
A home went on the market Sunday, it was priced UNDER market, it was a nice home. They had four offers and took it off the market on Thursday. It sold 5% OVER asking...which was market price.

Good luck, do not panic. Knowledge is power, talk with a wise counselor.
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 2, 2008
Muriel Levin answered:
If you have any of the loan documents for your property, you should be able to find it there. If you dont have them with you, they re in file with escrow companies, title companies and real estate agents who can help you. Give a call or email
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice