Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in Sacramento : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info161
  • Home Buying675
  • Home Selling79
  • Market Conditions82

Activity 5
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Leon Williams answered:
Homeowners' associations, or HOAs, are formal legal entities created to maintain common areas; they have the authority to enforce deed restrictions. Most condominium and townhome developments, and many newer single-family subdivisions have HOAs, which are usually created when the development is built. Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&R's) are issued to each homeowner, and HOAs are established to ensure that they are adhered to in order to maintain the quality and value of the properties involved. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 18, 2010
Donna Meyers answered: has all the homes listed just look for the words bank owned.
As a realtor we know who the agents are the hold the majority of the listings and we just simply search all their listings and try to find matches based on areas that our clients target. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2007
Jim Walker answered:
Bob Machado at Homepointe Property Management offers a free quarterly survey. I paste the link below:

Or you can email him at info@HomePointe.Com

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation or experience with HomePointe.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 15, 2007
Ralph Pratt gri, rdcpro, cmp answered:
Hi Susan,
That is what we in the trades, as a licensed contractor and a licensed Real Estate person/ Realtor, would call "Grandfatherd in". Only homes built today have to meet title 24 building codes. The state of california requires certain things to be done like the water heater to be strapped to meet earth quake reqirements for the fire departments, that smoke detectors be installed that meet standards of the time it was built. I mean a home that was built in 1950 had no detectors must now have a least one in the hallway near the bedrooms.

Your question has to do with engery efficiency and back in the 1950's it was not an issue. The new title 24 requirements are much stricter like the "seer ratings" of the air conditioning and the "duct sealing". Make sure your home inspector checks for these things. You are having a home inspection aren't you? Please say yes!

You can ask the seller to to do things like "Pay" to have these things done but they are only obligated to do the required things in the purchase contract , not bring it up to todays standards.

SMUD has some progams set up just for this issue and yes it cost somebody.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice