Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Sacramento : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info162
  • Home Buying684
  • Home Selling80
  • Market Conditions82

Activity 8
Thu Mar 23, 2017
Jnmaragh answered:
I need to fill out an application to become a certified contractor
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 19, 2016
Annette Lawrence answered:
Is there a question?

What exactly are you talking about?

Are you of the belief that those who purchase houses and sell them should not benefit from their skills and resources?

The ones who take advantage of the misfortune of others is the LENDER and investment group to whom the mortgage was sold.

Your message would be more effective if you were to make yourself a sign and parade in front of the big bank of your choice.
Whom you are directing your rant to at the moment is the wrong audience.

Real estate professionals neither buy or sell or set the prices.

How do you suggest real estate be sold? Serously....exactly how would you do it and determine the price to be paid in a market that has limited inventory.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Kevin and Julie McLaughlin answered:
Since this was posted back in 2011, will you give us an update about your situation? By the way, IndyMac Mortgage Services is one of the easiest banks to do a short sale with...
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 24, 2011
Michele Peterson answered:
Call the utility company. They can usually give you approximate amounts.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Karen Burns answered:
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Jim Swanson answered:
There is good advice here, already. I would only add that if you determine that you want to keep the home in the family, a great resource is NeighborWorks which is a non-profit whose purpose is to help promote home ownership through getting people into their first homes AND keeping them there. They are a great resource for information and advacocy. They can be found at

Good Luck!
... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Jim Swanson answered:
First, you need to decide do you want to keep the house. If you do, then the HOPE approach is a good way to go. You can also go to NeighborWorks which is a non profit with offices aorund the country, including sacramento. Their website is THey are great at helping people stay in their homes. Totally free service.

On the other hand, since there is no equity to split, it might just be easier to short-sell the property. This is usually better than a "strategic default" where you walk away form the house and let it foreclose.

So, the decision is to keep it or not. Either way, there are simple outcomes. Your divorce lawyer can advise you as to which path makes the already terribly difficult process that much easier.

Good luck!

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice