Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Rumson : Real Estate Advice

  • All34
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 7
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Erin Taffin answered:
I personally have been involved with some sticky tenant landlord issues myself and found that the legal advice given by Amy Burr of Burr Law Group LLC in Red Bank to be precise and effective. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
John Skronski answered:
M- Did you demolish your garage?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
John Skronski answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 1, 2011
Daniel Salehi answered:
Yes you can remove anything that is not mentioned in the contract.
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2011
Kris Mager answered:
We work with Coldwell Banker in Middletown. The training is amazing, and at no cost to you. The training is in Edison NJ, but they try to make it as convienent as possible for everyone. There are Coldwell Banker's in rumson, Middletown and Holmdel which would be most local for you. We just went to a refresher course though we have been in the business for years, it is always advisable in this business to continue your education! You can call us if you have any questions we would love to answer them for you.

Kris Mager & Amy Wright
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 29, 2009
Resources Real Estate answered:
I am a 25 year veteran in real estate. I started with the big office, and have worked in several large real estate companies, both as a manager and a relocation specialist. I opened my own agency in 2000 a specialized boutieque agency and I do hands on training regularly in the office. I ONLY hire new agents so that they get the training that I feel is the most effective. My agents are professioanl and sucessful and are recruited by large agencies all the time......they can give you the best answers!! Please feel free to call my office Resources Real Estate 732-212-0440 and talk to any of the agents.

PS The most successful agent in Monmouth Beach works in small boutique office of her own.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 9, 2008
Lisa Hanley answered:
You should consult an independent attorney to verify that a deed restrictions does not exist which would preclude you from selling, mortgaging or leasing the property. However, if none exist, you can do anything you please with your share of the home. You can sell, mortgage or lease your share without the concent of the siblings if no restrictions exist. Unfortunately, the siblings will probably recover if they sue you because you do have an obligation to maintain your share of expenses. To try to keep things civil, you might think about asking the sisters if they would like to use your husband's "time" in exchange for your contribution to the rehab/upkeep costs. Make sure you keep records of what that time was worth if the family eventually sells the home so that proper accounting can be made. Another unfortunate side effect of your husband's ownership is that it will detrimentally affect your ability to receive financial assistance for the college kids. Perhaps your sisters-in-law will see things in a different light if you explain this to them. It is unimaginable that they want to see their neices/nephews affected as I'm sure it was not your parent's intention when they willed you the house. Hope you resolve your issues. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Rumson Zip Codes