Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91748 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Tue Mar 29, 2016
Dan Tabit answered:
Your mortgagor will want to know if it's a primary residence or an investment property. Your insurance carrier will charge a much higher amount for a vacant property as they are more likely to be targeted by vandals and squatters and if ignored, maintenance can become an issue as well as overall liability.
The State of California may not get involved but the local city or county may have an issue with something that appears to be an abandoned home.
Why would you want to do this anyway?
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 10, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
for real? This seems like an odd question to ask a Realtor!! Use your calculator :)
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 15, 2014
Tristam Bielecki answered:
It depends on whether the appraisal contingency has been removed. CA is a an active removal state, meaning the contingencies don't just expire, they need to be actively removed by the buyer.

If these have been removed you should speak with an attorney. If they haven't, request that they be removed as a priority.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Tina Lam answered:
Unless somebody files a report with the county about the non-permitted extensions, then there's not going to be any inspections done by the city. Additions and extensions are very common in Rowland Heights and your main concern is to determine with a home inspector if the work is up to code. If it is, you can file for proper permits at your own expense. If it's not, then you have a negotiation point with the seller. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2011
Heather Paul answered:
Hello Kimlee, absolutely!! I actually have a blog post here on trulia that will greatly help you, here is the link:

The average property tax rates in California are 1.25% of the purchase price, it could be slightly less or more if there are local bonds assessed.
I highly advise you use the real estate services of a Realtor that specializes in foreign investors. I work extensively with international buyers and investors in the Los Angeles areas, feel free to contact me anytime if you are looking to buy in the Los Angeles area.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Tina Lam answered:
While Trulia doesn't listing from FSBO directly, there are many FSBO websites that syndicate the listings to Zillow, Trulia, etc.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 28, 2011
Ryan Hildebrant answered:
Hi Lacy,
In addition to buying at the court house steps, you can check out these two sites:

There are homes on these sites that you can bid on but please read their instructions carefully, especially There are fees associated with buying at auction so please make sure you are informed before bidding.

All my best,
Micki O'Toole
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 28, 2011
Centermac Realty answered:
Hi Lacy

If the buyer doesn't sign the removal of all contingencies, then they remain on the the contract. The risk to seller is that buyer can still shop around and then wait till close to close of escrow to cancel and still legally be entitled to claim return of their deposit.

The contingency removal clause is intended to eliminate that problem. So if the buyer doesn't remove contingencies within 17 days as he's required to, seller may serve a notice to buyer to perform and cancel after the required time on the notice has expired. And yes, at that point, seller may accept other offer.
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 13, 2011
John Conklin NMLS#275915 answered:
Follow up from yesterday.

Bulletin 11-04
FHA 92900A and 1003 Signed Prior to Underwriting

Effective with all loans originated and/or submitted for underwriting on and after January 24, 2011, the FHA 92900A and the initial 1003 must be signed by all borrower to ensure that we are meeting agency and investor requirements. The loan cannot be underwritten if these forms do not have borrower(s) signatures at the time the loan is submitted to underwriting. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 13, 2011
David Jaffe answered:
Hi Jimmy,

Most Real Estate appraisers calculate the square footage based on the exterior footprint of the home. Many Real Estate Agents calculate the square footage by measuring the interior room dimensions of the home and dividing this by the asking price. Remember, the rule of thumb for living space are rooms above grade (the ground), if the home has a finished walk-out basement ( only the portion of the room above grade should be included).

Actual living space should also include hallways, closets, and bathrooms as well.

Hope this helps,
David Jaffe-SRES, CDPE
Realtor-Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice