Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Rocky Hill : Real Estate Advice

  • All26
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 15
Thu Nov 23, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
Assessed value and market values often have nothing to do with each other. A good buyer broker can show you what similar units have sold for and tell you what the value is to base your offer on, do not use assessed value to base any offers on. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 11, 2016
Terri Eberhart asked:
Wed Sep 16, 2015
Rusthomas565 answered:
I am Russell Thomas currently living in USA. I am married with two kids and i was struck in a financial situation and i needed to re-finance and started my own business. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with a GOD son success and most banks denied my credit. But as God would have it, i was introduced to a private loan lender by my friend (Alan Lewis ) and i got a loan sum of (75,000.00USD) and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well. So dear, if you must contact any firm or company with reference to securing a loan with low interest rate of 3%, do contact ( MR WILLIAMS MARK) ( am so happy now and i decided to let people know more about him, he offers all kinds of loans to both individuals and company and also i want God to bless him more. You can contact his company through this email ( ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri May 29, 2015
Ohnellli answered:
Tue May 14, 2013
Tracy Heinz answered:
Hi it really depends on the term of your lease. Some companies will allow your lease to be broken for a home purchase or a move with written notice of at least 60 days or more. You would be best to consult with either your leasing agency or your Attorney. I hope this information helps. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Jessica Tracy answered:
It depends on your situation. If you just started looking, I would hold out and review your lease to see if you are allowed to give them a notice. If you have found a house and are under contract then you should definately review your lease and talk to the management company or landlord. Most people understand and just want a 30-60 day notice so that they are able to have enough time to find a new tenant.

If you have any questions about the home buying process, I would love to talk to you. Feel free to call me anytime at 860-368-8383.

Jessica Tracy
CG Real Estate
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Shannonn85 answered:
Is this an option that could be brought to a sellers attention if they are having trouble selling the house and its been on the market for a while?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Al Carbone answered:
There is a process known as "Rapid Rescore" which applies to your situation. I'm a real estate agent and have great faith and trust in my lender of choice. Call Jack Regan of Noreast Mortgage Services. 203-996-7379. Talking is still free. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Al Carbone answered:
All condo complexes have established rules and regulations which all owners receive prior to their closing. Your question should be answered within those pages. Just ask the owner. If the owner isn't sure, the owner can ask the management company. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Natalie Mendes answered:
Hi Valerie! Assuming you have no other funds, buying a home with an annual income of $14,000 would be very difficult. There are a lot of ‘ifs’. If you have a decent credit score, no debt, can get a mortgage with a low interest and down payment assistance, and the seller is willing to pay closing costs, you could (theoretically) qualify for a mortgage of about $43000. However, there are virtually no single family homes for this price. While a tiny condo may not be out of the question, your options are extremely limited. A resource like the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority’s homebuyer program would be ideal for you. In addition to financing, they offer a free Homebuyer Education class that provides basic information about homeownership and buying a home. That would be a great place for you to start. More information can be found at Feel free to call me at the Coldwell Banker Wethersfield office if I can be of help! Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Valerie Comeau answered:
If you are ever looking for a really good realtor, Jeff Coleman is excellent, he works for Hagel realty I believe out of Cromwell CT. We used him and he's also very nice.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 17, 2010
David Hood answered:
Yipou can get the tax credit you need to have a contract to purchase by the end of April but you do not have to close on the property before the end of June, best of luck.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 30, 2010
Julie Nearing answered:
a 203k loan is what you are looking for.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 16, 2010
Diane Tomlin answered:
You may want to check with a professional. I could be wrong but I don't believe you can sell to a family member and still receive the 8K. Sorry
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 22, 2009
Robin, based on your income you should have no problem qualifying.

I would have to discuss your entire situation to be able to tell you if you would qualify based on all aspects involved in the loan process.

Please feel free to contact me at 908 415 3958 and I will be more that happy to assist you.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Rocky Hill Zip Codes