Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

20855 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Tue Jun 9, 2015
Tony Grech answered:
You can't do ANY of your own work unless you are a contractor licensed to do that. 203K is pretty strict when it comes to the repairs/upgrades to the house. They require pretty much ALL work to be completed by a licensed builder/contractor. So even if the work is not all that complicated and you have the knowledge and expertise to do it yourself, you're out of luck there unless you are a builder or contractor. Even then they usually frown upon that.

If something goes wrong they need to place the liability somewhere
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 21, 2014
Sunita Bali answered:
I would recommend that you check the zoning for the property to see if a business can operate on that property.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Jessica Hood & Laura Roskelly answered:
If the property is on the market, any local real estate agent can assist you. If it is just a vacant home that appears abandoned, they can help you locate the owner through a tax record search so that you may approach them with an offer.

If the home is part of an estate, in probate or pre-foreclosure it may be in "limbo" and unattainable.


Laura Roskelly, Realtor® & Accredited Staging Professional
The Roskelly Team
RE/MAX Leading Edge
Hall of Fame member
410-721-6694 ~ Office
443-926-0090 ~ Fax
410-507-2495 ~ Mobile

Visit us on-line at:

Find us on Facebook:
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Greg Myers answered:

Sorry to disappoint you, but until the bank or the bank servicing the loan lists the home for sale with a real estate agent it is not available for sale. Bank asset managers (REO/ Foreclosure) do not deal directly with the public.

Greg Myers
Re/MAX Realty Group
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Robert Kerxton answered:
Yes you can and will absolutely get your Earnest Money Deposit back! As long as the short sale contingency period (3rd party approval) has expiered you are free to void your contract at any point in time! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 2, 2009
Piero Marinucci answered:
Still looking for this information? Check out for free home reports that show solds and active listings (and it includes map and address info, plus schools, community info, etc.). good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice