Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Rockland County : Real Estate Advice

  • All35
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 2
Tony Warfield, Real Estate Pro in Manhattan Beach, CA
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Tony Warfield answered:
When a tenant moves in it is always a good idea to do a walk through and identify everything that is working and in good condition as well as any problems. Photos for documentation is good support. Have the tenant sign off in agreement. Then when a tenant is moving out, you pull out that document and do a final walk through together and go over everything and it's condition. There should not be much dispute regarding damages. Either it is normal wear and tear or they most likely caused the damage. A simple search online will give you a number of example forms. If you are going to keep any portion of the security deposit, make sure you document it well.

If you haven't done any of this, write it off as an educational expense...good luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
allan erps,A…, Real Estate Pro in Pearl River, NY
Wed Apr 6, 2011
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
Hi Lois, Dealing with a few issues as well. Insurance companies only like to be paid, not to pay out. Regarding possible mold, if you wish to tackle this yourself(bleach and water, wear a mask, open windows, 16 parts water/1 part bleach). ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice