Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rock Island County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 57
Fri Oct 13, 2017
Ajcountry64 answered:

We have closed your Trulia profile as you requested. Please allow up to 1 week for our emails to stop completely.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate

Contact Us:
Help Center:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 28, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
Hiring a local agent who is well experienced in selling homes AS IS are often best. Even though it is as is, you have to disclose anything wrong with it. However the as is part is most often that despite any inspections, this is the price and you are not reducing, fixing or giving credits after an inspection. Often the house is priced to sell to include value less repairs and search for a cash buyer ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 16, 2017
Pewoldt Pewoldt answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 27, 2016
Megan Carter asked:
I am needing to move and relocate for a job before I start and I haven't had enough steady income for anyone to take me seriously and let me rent with just myself to go by. So I have…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 20, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Let me encourage you to pursue the advice given by Tony. The VA may be your best bet. His disability income will limit how much you can borrow, but if it's ongoing into the future, it can be used.
Let me discourage you on Rent to Own. It's a fantasy that leaves most who try it worse off than if they hadn't bothered. Look into the options through his credit and income and see what you can find.
If you will require both incomes, you'll need to just rent until you meet the necessary time frames to get past your BK and get established in your new town and new jobs.
The time varies, based on the type of loan you pursue. Find a great local mortgage professional where you intend to live and see what they suggest.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 26, 2015
you probably need to speak to a title company and see about getting yourself put on the house. You need to be able to legally sell it and be able to provide clear title to the buyer.

If it's not that simple of a fix then you need to employ a real estate attorney to help you navigate those waters.

will probably involve a trip or two up to IL

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 10, 2015
sherritasworld asked:
Trulia really shouldn't report a lack of crime in place of information they clearly don't have, it's VERY misleading. I found this:…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 6, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
Twin in Moline,
This is were knowing the stats for the local market is ESSENTIAL.

For instance if only one home similar to yours, in your community, near your price point sells every month throughout the year, your experience MAY not be exceptional.

Now, here is where it gets tricky. If the level two showings (using the example above) are 10 or more per month, you can be assured all the interested buyers DID see your home and rejected it. That means the one buyer found another home to buy instead of yours.

Now it the time to analyze what has been selling in your area with similar attributes and what has been selling at the same price point. What made these homes superior to your in the eyes of the buyer? Does the message align with the target buyer?

After this analysis you may find the problem has nothing to do with the price but perhaps the condition, color or perceived obstacles to buying your home.

Or you can REDUCE THE PRICE. That action seems to overcome all your expense.

Time to confer with your REALTOR and do the homework.
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 6, 2014
Philip Senkus answered:
I would do a construction perm loan! Talk to an expert.. Many on here...Good luck!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 21, 2014
Dolores Skeel asked:
Thu Feb 6, 2014
meyslat answered:
Another access for us. Kids casually looking for home.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
No, but you must have good credit to borrow money.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice