Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Richmond Hill : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 8
Fri Jun 16, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Which house? The following homes are for sale:

8775 115th St., Richmond Hill - $1,199,000.
10132 115th St., Richmond Hill - $1,160,000.
10426 115th St., Jamaica - $540,000.

There may be other homes. Not sure which one you are referring to. I would advise you contacting a local real estate agent who can assist you. Beware: Local realtors will refer to the REBNY system - they will not look on Zillow or Trulia. Therefore, if the home you are interested in is NOT listed on REBNY, you will need to explain where you found the listing. This will happen with For Sale By Owner listings, Foreclosed listings, etc. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 9, 2015
Michael Denniston answered:

100% financing loans are available for qualified veterans. Most of your closing costs can be included in the loan. But you will need some funds for the uncovered closing cost, insurance, appraisal, attorney etc.

Certain NYC agencies such as Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and outside the city the Long Island Housing Partnership offer down payment and.or closing cost assistance to qualified buyers in their respective areas. Contact them directly for more information. All the best.

Michael Denniston
Licensed Mortgage Banker
Residential, Commercial and Investor Financing
Get Denniston and it's Done!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local authorities with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
The local police department can better answer the question, consider a call/visit; you can also search archived print media, ask a neighbor(s), etc.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Mohammedhossin83 answered:
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Nida Kabbaj answered:
Wed Mar 10, 2010
Manu Kapoor answered:
As a home buyer you could also try to search short sales, which are negotiated directly from the bank.
Let me know if you need any help with them.
347-753-0400 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice