Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

For Rent in Richmond County : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 42
Tue Dec 5, 2017
Alyssa Bell and Jonathan Jones asked:
Sat Sep 9, 2017
Anbro4102 asked:
Tue Aug 8, 2017
Vivbiond asked:
I want to deactivate my studio apartment that is listed on trulia.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 10, 2017
Nicholasfox1962 answered:
lookinf for a 1b1b apt near richmond university medical center for a month to month lease for at least 8 months. Medical student doing rotations at this hospital. Needs to be within walking distance to hospital in safe area.

Nicholette Fox email
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 4, 2017
lee labita-stanzione asked:
Thu Mar 2, 2017
Nityatribble22 asked:
Sat Dec 17, 2016
Marlon Westray answered:
Sat Nov 5, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Since you are not the typical Section 8 tenants, the key question is: Can you afford a regular rental that charges more than the Section 8 amount? Example: if your Section 8 voucher is $1268./month for a 2 bedroom, can you afford to pay $2,000./month for a 2 bedroom? Since you both have jobs and excellent credit, this means you can afford a regular rental for more than what Section 8 pays.

Therefore, you are to find a regular rental for an amount that you can afford ABOVE what Section 8 pays. DO NOT tell the landlord or property manager that you have a Section 8 voucher. Let them pull your credit and verify your employmet & income. You want to be approved without the Section 8. Once you are approved, then tell the landlord or property manager that the rent will be partially paid with Section 8 and you will pay the balance from your own income. At this stage, the landlord or property manager can't take back the approval or deny you - they already approved you. Worst case scenario - they could say something nasty or tell you that you should have mentioned the Section 8 earlier in the process. If this happens, tell them you will notify the Housing Authority and file a discrimination lawsuit against them. What will happen is the Housing Authority will send 2 - 3 "testers" - one applicant with a Section 8 voucher and the other applicant without a Section 8 voucher. If the "testers" are discriminated, then the landlord will face consequences.

Good Luck! Just to let you know - what I wrote will not work with the typical Section 8 tenant because most voucher tenants cannot afford to pay the difference in rent and don't have excellent credit.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 16, 2016
Godswill Okoro asked:
Fri Aug 26, 2016
Rosalie DiPietro asked:
Can you please change the map to reflect the correct zip code of 10306 and also the correct latitude and logitude of (40.567692, -74.127973)

The listing is under…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 8, 2016
tunesia shearin asked:
I need a house 3 beds for section 8
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 27, 2016
Sonny Tannenbaum answered:
Some of these listings are scams. I've come across the same problem. You can do one of two these. One, you can write a letter to the Board of Realtors reporting the agent or you can complain directly to the agency for whom they work for, if they list it. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2016
Lame243 answered:
if you have sec 8 nychca you can own a home in Long Island and maybe now in the city or if you have sec 8 HPD you can rent to own you should call the sec 8 people and ask for Debra Moore and apply now before President Obama leave offiice after that all the benefits like these will not exits no more so go and apply to sec 8 and stop paying rent to make these landlords rich its time to live the American dream God bless and good luck ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 27, 2016
Wmzhu1 asked:
1 2 3
Search Advice
For Rent in Popular Cities in Richmond County