Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Reseda : Real Estate Advice

  • All52
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 9
Mon Aug 1, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Probably not a good idea to post your phone number. This world is full of crazy people. Your county records department has a database of properties showing when the NED was filed. (Notice of Election & Demand). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2014
RonS answered:
If it goes to sale, the loan servicer will pay the HOA dues that are due and/or past due.

Prior to sale, and depending on how delinquent you might get, the HOA can foreclose. If you aren't paying your mortgage, why pay your HOA? ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Susan J Penn, PA,SFR,CDPE answered:
Dear Kat,

The answer to your question is dependent on trying a short sale verses a foreclosure and knowing the difference between the two. Usually with a shortsale your turn around time is much shorter to purchase again- 2 years, with a foreclosure the time period is 5 to 7 years. Speak with an attorney and a certified publlic accountant.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR
EWM Realtor
2000 Main Street
Weston, FL 33326
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Richard Schulman answered:
If you let me know the address, I can tell you.

Richard Schulman
#1 Listing and Selling Agent
Keller Williams
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Vinece answered:
NO, NACA is not a scam. It takes time to go through the process. They look at what you can afford based on all of your bills and monthly expenses. They want you to be a sucessful homeowner. I am almost complete with the process. Of course other mortgage brokers are going to tell you differently because they want you to go through them.

I always tell people, it cost nothing to go to one of there seminars to get the information. Then make the choice yourself. You will be doing yourself a favor.

No you do not have to go into their office all the time. I started this process in Aug last year and have been to the office 2 times for my appointment.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 15, 2011
Joanna Jensen answered:
Hi Todd,

What stage of foreclosure. If you are now the true owner of the property and you have at least 7 days before that sale date you MAY have options.

1) you can bring cash to the table to cure the default any time before 5 days before the sale date.
2) You may be able to negotiate a forebearance with the lender explaining the situation.
3) If your plannin on occupying the residence and the home fits the criteria of HAMP I would immediately submit a loan modification package.

for Hamp
1) Loan balance when loan was originated needs to be $729,950
2) owner occupied
3) loan was originated before 1/1/09
4) total payment of the FIRST loan including principal interest taxes insurance and hoa is more than 31% of your gross.
If you meet all 4 of above you may be eligable for the Making Home affordable modificaiton which offers you protection. However this is not typically the only mod servicers/lenders offer.
If you submit your complete package 7 days before the sale date the lender / servicer to review you for a mod.
This of course can be done on your own but I do suggest using an experienced Law Firm.
The lender does work differently with a Law Firm then they do with an owner.
JoAnna Jensen
Legal Assistant / Realtor
Volo law Group / Legal Realty


Not intended as legal advice.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Dp2 answered:
You need to consult with an attorney. Yet, keep in mind that the foreclosure isn't complete until the gavel falls, and that happens after the auction--not beforehand.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 17, 2009
Shel-lee Davis answered:

If your friend filed bankruptcy, did she use an attorney to do this? The attorney should have the information to notify the lender that she has filed BK and they should stop the auction. If she filed without an attorney, if you provide me with the address, I can use a "paid for" service that I have to provide your friend with the auction information, the trustee's name and number, and the lender information which will help her contact all the parties to get this auction stopped. Contact me through my profile with this information. Hope this is helpful.

Shel-lee Davis. CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Sanjay Gupta asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Reseda Zip Codes