Rentals in South San Jose>Question Details

Greg And Ren…, Renter in San Jose, CA

working couple, clean, neat, 1 house trained cat. need 2 bdrm, 2 bath or less, parking, will sign lease, 2k limit. 775 690-1405 greg

Asked by Greg And Renee Ladd, San Jose, CA Fri Oct 5, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://=www.trulia.com/rental/3097395909-456-Shadow-Rock-Ct-San-Jos… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3097395909-456-Shadow-Rock-Ct-S…

Answers

1
Thank you for your question Renee:

The house in the link that is advertised for $980 is far below the Fair Market Value of the rent for that property in that location. The Fair Market Value of the rent for a property of that type in that location is approximately $2,500 per month.

The people who posted that advertisement are not the owners of the property, and they are not licensed by The State of California Department of Real Estate.

I suspect that the listing in your link is part of a rental scam where people who do not own the property and are not licensed by The State of California Department of Real Estate, post fake rental advertisements of properties at ridiculously low rents.

The fake landlords ask you for your security deposit and prepaid rent and then disappear with your money. A number of these people have been prosecuted and sent to jail, however there still seem to be some of them out there.

This is a particularly cruel scam because people who are desperate to find a place to rent have now had their prepaid rent and security deposit stolen from them, and now they have no place to live and no money for the Security Deposit or prepaid rent.

I recommend that your best protection is to make certain that anyone offering you a place to rent, or real estate for sale, at the very least, has a current, valid Real Estate License with the State of California Department of Real Estate.

For more information you may call me at my cell phone: (408)509-6218 or send me an email at my email address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
.