what is the average length of time it would take to rent a 1BR apartment in Westport, CT - centrally located, a walk to downtown?

Asked by Wesport4Rent?, Rocky Hill, CT Mon Jul 26, 2010

If you were a listing agent, how many months could you confidently say you could rent a 1 BR with dishwasher, washer and dryer in unit, if you were starting to show in the month of August.? its the entire 2nd floor of a 3-family farmhouse.

Answers

4
Darcy Sledge, , Westport, CT
Sat Oct 23, 2010
Hello Westport4Rent! Have you rented it yet? I hope so! August is after the peak rental season, but there are always singles and couples looking for a reasonably priced 1 bedroom place in a nice town like Westport. That type of set up is common in properties close to the Saugatuck Train Station, but there is a similar property on Kings Highway South that rents each year, and another one on Wilton Road. Are you one of those?

I do many rentals each year, both for tenants and landlords. Among my rental closings this year, I listed and rented two 1 bedroom places. The second one was not put on the market until September, but we still got showings and a signed lease. So I am assuming you did also by now. That being said, if you have any questions or needs, please don't hesitate to contact me. It helps to work with someone who knows their way around the local rental market! Some agents don't put much work into rentals, with few, if any photos, room dimensions, utility costs, and no additional postings above the minimum. So choose your agent wisely!
Khalid Muham…, , Fairfield County, CT
Fri Oct 29, 2010
That shouldn't be a problem if you have realistic expectations and the unit is in good condition.
Melissa Riley, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Mon Aug 2, 2010
Westport4Rent,
Even the rental market is being driven by value. The answer would depend on how aggressive you are with your list price. In general, the rental market in Westport is rather brisk and rentals do not languish on the market for long. Best of luck. Please reach out if you need any assistance. I would be happy to connect you to one of my agents who can help you. Regards, Melissa Riley, Manager, Prudential CT Realty in Westport, CT
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jul 27, 2010
If you are looking to rent your apartment--much will depend on the price, marketing, location, condition, etc., if priced competitively, and marketed to maximize exposure, a tenant may be found in a resonable amount of time--interview local agents and go from there.