we rent the house that we are buying. 1 month were not able to pay we have paid money 2 weeks ago and plan to again can he have us evicted

Asked by Tlc0917, 93312 Sat Jun 9, 2012

i plan to pay him either way even if the house does sell. but can he have me evicted

Answers

2
Horizon Prop…, Other Pro, Sacramento, CA
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Technically the owner must serve you with a Three-Day-Pay-Rent-Or-Quit notice before any legal action can start. If he serves you and subsequently accepts any money from you at all, it renders the notice void. He would then have to serve you with a new notice for the updated amount of money that you owe. You cannot be evicted if you have not been notified what you owe and are given an opportunity to pay it via the notice.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
If you've paid up, I doubt the owner will want to evict you...whether he could or not is actually a legal matter - best answered by an attorney.

In my experience, owners are not quick to evict tenants if they have been good tenants. An eviction costs money as does re-renting the place to new tenants. I would suggest speaking to the owner and making sure everything is ok at his end. You might also reassure him that you won't miss a payment again.