we are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom close to fruitridge road stockton blvd ? do you work with challenged credit thank you dawn.?

Asked by Dawn M. Cole, Sacramento, CA Sun Oct 17, 2010

we need a home soon and are good people, need to have fenced yard and do you work with challenged credit.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Oct 17, 2010
the answer lies with financial people, not realtors. I would contact a lender (if you plan to try to secure a loan) and see what your credit score is, and if it's not good enough, you can contact a credit repair company, like Blue Water Credit, to help you improve it such that you could qualify to secure a mortgage.

the second piece that the lender can help you with, is in determining how much money you might qualify for, based on your income and outstanding debt. That would give you insight in to the price range that you would be looking at. And if you needed to rent now, I would also use the monthly payment that they are advising you on, to determine a rental payment amount as well, such that you can get your finances in the correct ratios.
In other words, I would try to keep my housing expense about 31% of my gross income, at a max, reduce my personal living expenses under 40% max, and the more 'extra' I have should be used to pay down debt and divert to investments in retirement, college funds, or the like. (I know this is more than you asked but relevant). Good luck!!
Web Reference:  http://www.suearcher.com
1 vote
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Depending on how challenged your credit is, one can consider offering extra security deposit, pre-paying some of the rent, etc.; consider contacting any realty offices and inquire about rentals, or for by owner rentals, check local print media, word of mouth, etc.
1 vote
Maurice Thom…, Agent, Mathers, CA
Mon Oct 18, 2010
I work with the majority of buyers. If you are looking to get into a home, get in contact with me. I will see if I can find a good loan agent for you. My number is 415-705-9405 or look at my website http://www.myeagleeyerealty.com
0 votes
Jaime Becker, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Hi Dawn

Challenged credit can be challenging. Are you looking to buy or rent? We have a rental in the area and you can always talk to Cathy our property manager. 916-482-0244.
0 votes
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Sun Oct 17, 2010
You stated that you have challenged credit. My advice to prospective tenants is to download a copy of a free credit report. You can choose either Experian, Trans Union or Equifax... One site that offers this http://www.annualcreditreport.com

I recommend against paying a fee for the report or enrolling in a subscription. You do not even need a "trial subscription" to get your free credit report.

With your credit report (s) in hand you can show the report to prospective landlords when you see a house or duplex half you are interested in.

Most landlords understand they can't expect all tenants to have perfect credit. If the derogatory (bad) parts of the credit report are coherently explained to them, and if they feel that the bad stuff is past history and your future is bright, they are more likely to want to take a chance on you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more