Noam, Both Buyer and Seller in New York, NY

surrogate guarantors in NYC forrenters

Asked by Noam, New York, NY Sun Nov 11, 2012

I hear there are companies who provide a service of being a surrogate guarantor for you, as a renter, that needs a guarantor to qualify for a rental.
How does it work exactly? What is their cost? and how do you find these companies?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 11, 2012
The only company that I am aware of that provides a guarantee that some of Manhattan landlords accept is Insurent. They run your credit check and review proof of your income and, based on that info come up with the pricing for their guarantee. From my experience, it was about 1 month rent on a 1year lease. You can contact Jeffrey Geller with questions or to pre-qualify.
Just make sure a particular landlord accepts their guarantee.
Another options would be pre-payment, although rent stabilized buildings cannot take prepayments.
0 votes
Raoul Sodoga…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 11, 2012

Just go to the Insurent Website. It is very easy.

But you need to find the place that you will rent first, before going thru that process.

I have done multiple deals with Clients in the same case as you.

Contact me at my info below for steps detailed.

Best Regards,

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Real Estate Agent

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "
0 votes
Filippa Edbe…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi Noam,

if you do not meet the salary requirements and do not have a tri-state area guarantor, you could look into a service like Insurent.

Their site is pretty self explanatory.

Best of luck,

Filippa Edberg-Manuel
Web Reference:
0 votes
Anu Islam, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 11, 2012
There is a company called Insurent. Ibeleive they charge the equivalent of one month's rent.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more