short term home rentals in sugarland, relocating from CA

Asked by khader.mohn khader.mohn, Sugar Land, TX Thu Oct 11, 2012

Hello, We are planning on relocating to Houston ( possibly sugarland) from San Francisco Bay area). Would like to buy a home, however since it's difficult to pick a home , thinking of moving into a rental in sugarland and then spending time looking at homes for purchase. Can we get a 3 bed room home for rent for 6 months period ? What are the avg rental rates ? Any advice on relocating, is it better to rent first and then buy or buy first and then move. have to time the sale or renting of current home in SF bay area

Answers

6
Tim Murphy, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Thu Apr 9, 2015
If you are looking for a rental specifically in Sugar Land or surrounding areas area to live, the support and efforts from me can help out to make it a less stressful move.

Tim Murphy
832-977-0585
http://www.propertybytim.com
Hena Malkani, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Mar 11, 2015
I have a similar client from Boston and I can help with short term leases in Sugarland.
Hena Malkani
281-871-0456
Elaine Hattan, Agent, sugar land, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
It's very difficult to get a rental property for six months in the Sugar Land area. The term is usually one year. Average rental rates vary from $1,100 to $1,900 depending on the area you choose to live.
Because interest rates are so low now, this is a great time to buy. However, it's always good to get to know a city well before you decide where you are going to live. The internet can help with that of course. Call me at (281) 734-1102 and I will be happy to answer any questions for you.
Kevin Read, , Fort Bend County, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
That is exactly our background. We manage over 100 homes and have placed Astro's players and business professionals looking for 6 months and less over the past 15+ years. Sugar Land and Missouri City are excellent places with the price range as already mentioned large. There are also many many areas and communities. Depending on where you work and what type of lifestyle you are seeking you can narrow the area down as with all towns there are many many choices.

You will need to pay slightly higher for 6 months than a 12 month lease but the above amount mentioned is normal. If you are seeking a furnished home that will be a significant challenge. It is possible but difficult.

The average price ranges from $60-$70/ sq. ft. again highly depending on location.

If you want to know the area better go to our website. I also have a map showing the communities and the rental price ranges in those communities. I would be glad to provide it to you.
Judy Kay, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
For some reason this response went to my facebook and does not show my preofessional profile.
This is my professional response :)

6 month leases require you to call the landlord/listing agent and ask, as 6 month leases require more rehab once the tenants leave and would therefore cost you about 10 to 20% more per month.

Monthly rentals in Sugar Land can be $1,100 or more, depending on your requirements - size of home, subdivision, amenities etc.

There are some garden apartments/townhomes that my clients are staying in while they are looking to purchase. They normally do 6 and 7 month leases.

If you have to sell your house first, renting is definitely a good option. get to know the communities, access to freeways, drive in to work etc.

I'd love to help you further. Call or email me.

Regards.
Judy Kay, , Missouri City Estates, Stafford, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Welcome to Houston/Sugar Land!

Regards.