Rentals in 98178>Question Details

Seattle Girl, Real Estate Pro in Tukwila, WA

rental vacancy rate in seattle sma residential homes & where do I find rental rates

Asked by Seattle Girl, Tukwila, WA Wed Nov 23, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 98178

Hi Seattle Girl,

You can do a CMA on rentals just like you do a normal CMA in Matrix. If this is not familiar to you, take the CMA class at the Northwest MLS.

For a CMA on rentals you just choose Active and Rented statuses with the Property Type as Rental. In the price field, be sure to watch your decimal position. Rent of $1500 is $1.5 in the Price field.

I like Rentometer for a general, average number, but I find my own CMA to be more accurate. I also like the site and feel it is a good double check to Rentometer and gives extra details that I find helpful.

Warm regards,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 25, 2011
Every Seattle Neighborhood is going to have different stats and rental rates. Looks like you are a Broker so you can use the Stats in the NWMLS or Craig's list can help with what people are asking. Try the website that I will include as a link...good opportunity to get an idea of what is going on and Map homes and rental rates. If you want to chat one on one I manage over 140 units in the Seattle area and would be glad to give you first hand knowledge. Arron Renfrew
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 24, 2011
Seattle Girl

If you give me the house size/area I can e-mail you similar homes that have rented recently.
Have a wonderful thanksgiving.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 24, 2011
The Rental Housing Association is a good resource for such questions. They may not have the numbers in front of them, but are a beginning point. There is a published yearly report for apartments by a member that you need to pay for, which is quite detailed. Rent-o--meter is also a place to start, but it can be skewed by high turn-over buildings in the area, and won't always be accurate in places with little turn over, such as buildings and areas that will attract retired people.
Web Reference:
Seriously? You aare a broker & you do not know the answer to this question? You need to mentor under another broker if this is true!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011