Question removed

Asked by Africa Parris, Richmond, VA Mon Jun 24, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Tom Dawson, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Jun 24, 2013
If your app requires that you provide previous addresses and this is one of them, then they have the potential to find out. So if you leave it out, you're submitting a fraudulent app.
Also, apps will typically ask if you've been evicted and if you say no, then you are submitting a fraudulent app.
Hopefully, you've have good current landlord references and a good credit score in which case you will be ok with some landlords.
I live with a friend now temporarily bc I'm relocating in a few weeks for work. I only pay utilities. After the eviction I lived with a relative for 7 years, wasn't the primary tenant and didn't pay rent, just utilities. I did not list the previous address because the app only asked current address and 1 prior.

However I did say that I wasn't evicted, should I make the correction and resubmit the app?
Flag Mon Jun 24, 2013
Janine Young, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Additionally, if the management company runs a Landlord/ Tenant search, this is when this sort of judgement comes up.

I would be prepared with a letter of explanation - a thoughtful and well worded explanation of the events that led to your eviction. Also, be prepared to have a Guarantor or to offer additional prepaid rent or security.

Good Luck,
Fingers crossed, I'm hoping that my credit score and credt reports (which don't show any judgment) and the financial ability to pay the rent will suffice. I'm also applying for an apt in a different state.
Flag Mon Jun 24, 2013