Question removed

Asked by Tony Uphoff, Palos Verdes Estates, CA Thu Nov 8, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

17
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hi Linda. You've had many great responses and I'll throw my voice into this as well. When exactly will you need to be in a new place, December 1st or sooner? New York is an extremely competitive town in just about every aspect and rental vacancies are incredibly low. There is no question your three dogs will cause you to not even view property that would suit otherwise. Those who previously suggested that the animals weight will play a deciding role weren't kidding and yes, you may have to pay a premium because of the dogs. The Commission base is to be discussed with whoever you choose to work with. Lastly on this topic, your budget may preclude the second bath but it is possible.

Here's what you need to do so you can be ready to make an immediate decision, which you will have to do as rentals are here one minute and gone the next.

1) photos of the dogs.
2) copy of the last 2 yrs taxes.
3) Bank statement to show assets.
4) letter of employment stating salary and time on the job.
5) possibly 2-3 pay stubs.
6) photo ID.

You will get a credit check done by whomever will be your new landlord and you get the pleasure of paying for it. Have you checkbook with you when you view and be prepared to hand over checks for first month and security unless something more is needed.

As a caution, if you see something you really like but think there are at least 57 other apartment you haven't seen and your holding off on a decision, that would be a great way to lose out. I've seen it happen many, many times.

At Prudential Douglas Elliman, we have many fantastic apartments. If I can be of assistance please don't hesitate to contact me through Trulia via e-mail or my direct cell number listed on my profile. Best of luck.
Fantastic answer, thanks Joseph!
Flag Fri Nov 9, 2012
Christina Do…, , New York, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hi Linda,
I have two fantastic rentals for you-- both full Time Doorman buildings, 2BR/2BA, that allow dogs
1. $4500 right on E 81st in the Upper East Side.
2. $4600 on E 72nd
There are plenty of options in your budget --even with dogs! Please let me know if you would like more information or pictures.
Christina
---
Christina Dolamore
cdolamore@citihabitats.com
845-532-0801
Maurice Bowie, Agent, NY, NY
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Its really going to be tough
First and foremost your selection is cut down drastically
with the situation of three dogs regardless of size
Why are you moving to New York?
Maurice Bowie

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Phone: 212.989.0880
Mobile: 646.385.6487

View My Listings
http://www.aclawrence.com/1853ww.aclawrence.com/1853
Michelle Wei…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Desmond Nieto, , New York, NY
Mon Nov 26, 2012
My Advice would be to buy rather than to Rent....Of course only if you are able to....Reason being you would save a whole lot more.... example: First your mortgage for a place you are looking for would be around 7- 8 hundred dollars... so how much would you be saving....lets do the math....then a year from now , you take that same money you would have spent the whole almost 50 grand and put it on another apartment...now you rent out one, and live in the other, and live Mortgage FREE....See what I'm saying....you could take it even further, you can take that extra money you are receiving monthly and put it back into your properties and pay your mortgage off 10 to15 years earlier.....Now That Is An Investment.....
David Cross, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Weight and breed are important factors. 3 dogs that can fit in a purse is different than 3 Pit Bulls. That being said have you considered buying?
Desmond Nieto, , New York, NY
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Please refer to my website its filled with valuable resources and feel free to contact me personally with any questions or concerns I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions to further assist you.... 646-470-4087
Kris Chung, , New York, NY
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Hi Linda,

I personally live on the Upper East Side, and know the neighborhood really well. One of our specialties is Upper East Side Rentals. We have availabilities within your price range. Please take a look at our link http://www.buysellrentnewyork.com/renters.html . Feel free to call us at 212-600-1031. We can have a chat and get you started with the process.

Kris
Patricia, , New York
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Dear Linda,

We would be happy to help you find the perfect apartment.

Please contact me at my info below:

BSD Equities
174 Fifth Avenue #301
New York, NY 10010
Office: (212) 367-7200 Ext.18
Cell: (646) 269-4942
Patricia@bsdequities.com
http://www.bsdequities.com
Michelle Wei…, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hi Linda,
I would be happy to help you find your new pet friendly home in NYC. Please feel free to contact me directly to work with the number 1 Real Estate company in New York - Corcoran. I will be sure to find you an apartment that is near to the best dog parks!
Michelle Weissman
michelle.weissman@corcoran.com
Stan Pau, , New York, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hi Linda
Some landlords are require the weight of the pets and need the pic of the dog.
Stan Pau | Licensed RE Salesperson
Sales, Rentals and Corporate Relocation | REBNY Member
Spire Group - A Kurland Holdings Co
20 West 23rd Street, 5th Fl.
New York, NY 10010
212-500-1900 (office) 646-312-9244 (cell)
http://www.SpireGroupNY.com
Ellen I. Syk…, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
You are more likely to do better in a condo building with a sub lease rather than a straight rental building - they usually have restrictions on the amount of dogs you can have. YOu might have to pay an extra pet deposit but it shouldn't be too onerous. If you would like some help do not hesitate to call me at 917-847-0451. Ellen I. Sykes, Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker, Corcoran Group, ISE@corcoran.com
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353 to view apartments. Thank you and good luck.
Annette Holm…, Agent, NY,
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Having that many dogs here in the city and renting is a tall order but I'd be more than happy to go over what your options will be. I rent to clients with dogs all the time so I know exactly where you can be!

Annette

Annette Holmgren
Bond New York
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Aholmgren@bondnewyork.com
401-837-9445 c
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Why not consider working with an agent of your own; you can locate some area agents under the find a pro tab...
Raoul Sodoga…, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hello Linda,

Please contact me at my info below:

Thank you.

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Real Estate Agent

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333
(e): raouls@nestseekers.com

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "
Tony Uphoff, Home Buyer, Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Thu Nov 8, 2012
By the way...they are a Labrador, and westie and a fluff ball. All sweet and well behaved.