relocating from out of state, any cheap places to rent while I look for a more long term home?

Asked by La Tonya Coulibaly Dit Fall, Bay City, TX Fri Jun 7, 2013

I have 6 months before I actually come down to Texas from Minnesota

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3104388945-12009-Downey-St-Hous…

Answers

3
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Jun 8, 2013
You likely will not rent a private residence like a town home or house because those typically are looking for a one year lease.

Plenty of apartments out there. The key with those is the lease term. They will allow 6 months leases.

Let us know if we can help you with those as we have a specialized program that can find many of the communities, show your floor plans, amenities and prices as well as specials being offered. We can email you this information and escort you to many of these communities.

Look forward to hearing from you and welcome to Houston!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Jun 8, 2013
This property has been on the market for six months. It is also for sale ... at $48,000. There are no interior photos on the listing. All of this ought to tell you something.

The Houston market is very active. Good housing, be it for sale or lease, goes quickly, and at premium prices. I would not let anyone I know live in a property such as this. I'd be prepared to spend at least $1000 ...and that's "cheap" at the moment. Of course, things can change in six months, but it will take a huge infusion of available homes ... right now, inventory is at historic lows.

You're beginning much too early. If you're relocating around the end of the year, start looking in mid-October. It would also be helpful to zero in on locations ... Houston is a huge area.

Other issues ... Are there any pets? Does anyone smoke? Have there been any previous landlord-tenant issues? Are your employment and credit histories favorable?

I wish you well.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Hello, what exactly do you mean when you mention "cheap"?. What size property are you looking for? It is too early to start looking for rental at the moment since you have a while before you come into town.

Where will you be working? Landlords want to know if you will have pets and if anyone in the household smokes.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
http://www.har.com/persis
Hello, I apologize for not writing earlier. For some reason, I did not get notification that you had tried to write back to me - so sorry.
I can check on this for you and see what is available, however, most of the apartments in the Houston and vicinity request approximately 2 months notice. If an apartment complex has enough vacancies they can assign you one, once the application has gone through and been approved. Please email me directly at persis.realtor@gmail.com so I don't miss your reply again.
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
oh I didn't see that you suggested it was too soon, when I moved from AZ to MN I looked 8 month ahead and was glad I did, because here you have to give a two-three months notice to move out, and most places here know if they want to renew a person lease or not at the end of the year
Flag Fri Jun 7, 2013
No way I do not smoke, I have a son age 12, so I'll need at least two bed rooms, (he also used to his own bathroom) cheap is under 700, ( the less I spend in the short term, the more I'll have saved to moved into a long term home) haven't found work yet but I have steady monthly income. and yes there is a cat she is an indoor only cat though
Flag Fri Jun 7, 2013