looking for 2 bedroom apt in Bensonhurst

Asked by joseph, Brooklyn, NY Sat Nov 3, 2012

Answers

10
, ,
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
chun lai che…, Agent, brooklyn, NY
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hi Joseph

I have a 2 bedrms on 17 ave near bath ave please call me Agent 917-596-5789
Mdavidkwempi…, , Brooklyn, NY
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Hello....Hope your day is going great! I have something in the Dyker.Bensonhurst vicinity. Please give me a call....Thank you!

Maria
Keller Williams Realty Empire
Direct: (646)937-0979
mdavidkwempire@outlook.com

Looking forward to helping you find your apartment!
Mary, Home Buyer, New York
Thu Nov 29, 2012
hi I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in and around that area
Jack Menashe, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Nov 22, 2012
ever find something?
have a few goodies...

http://www.sherestates.com
jack@sherestates.com
Jessica B, , Brooklyn, NY
Fri Nov 9, 2012

We can set up an Appointment to find what your looking for. Please Call at 646 289 0704. Thank you.
Thomas D'Alc…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Nov 4, 2012
I have many apts. in Bensonhurst call me
718 256 4000
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Good morning Joseph,

I have a variety of apartments in the bensonhurst area. Let's see if I can get you one that suits you. Call or email me anytime.

(212) 300-3919

Luke Constantino
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
M: (212) 300-3919
D: (718) 935-6135
F: (917) 369-2690
lukeconstantino@elliman.com
http://lukeconstantino.com
325 Court Street, Brooklyn NY 11231
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Consider working with an agent of your own; also check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
Duane Hailey, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Joseph Duane from Rapid Realty. I have 2bdrs in Bensonhurst. Just let me know whats your budget and we can start as early as tomorrow. You can reach me at 347-674-9692 or dhailey@rapidnyc.com