Rentals in Mira Mesa>Question Details

Aphyakeo, Renter in Mira Mesa, San Diego,...

looking for 2-3 bdrm around $1384-$1564. that are taking Sec.8 participants. Credit not so good, but dependable,and willing to work w/tenant bout that

Asked by Aphyakeo, Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA Sat Nov 12, 2011

my credit is not so good, which I'm in the process of disputing, I unfortunately, had roommates that left me in collections when they left and because of my first time being a new renter back then had no clue what i was getting myself in having just my name on the lease. But, now that i have my Sec.8 vouchers, i am having a difficult time finding available unit property's that are willing to work with me around my credit.

Answers

1
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There are many renters that have bad credit due to foreclosures and shortsales and for various reasons like yours. Fortunately, there are landlords out there that are willing to work with you. However, you will have to secure the place with either putting more security deposit. Section 8 is a great program that guarantees the payment. Depending on what your contribution is, you can perhaps negotiate with the landlord and offer to pay for 6 months or 12months in advance. Section 8 will take care of the rest. I think this will make the landlord comfortable and help you secure a place. Let me know if you have any other questions or need help looking for a place that takes Section 8 in Mira Mesa. Best Wishes

Jessica Nguyen
Keller Williams Realty-Carmel Valley
12265 El Camino Real #180
San Diego, CA 92130
858 720 1900
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011