Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Jane Polk, Other/Just Looking in Shearer Hills / Ridg...

looking for an apartment for my friend who is over 45 - anything for that age bracket under $1000?

Asked by Jane Polk, Shearer Hills / Ridgeview, San Antonio, TX Thu Aug 16, 2012

rental, age related, over 45, middle age

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Due to fair housing laws, other than 55+ year old communities, Licensed TX Real Estate Agents can't say a property or area is good or better for a specific age group. What we can do is take a list of specific needs or wants and factor those things into our search. Happy Hunting!

Erik Diehl
Live Weird Realty
so - are their inexpensive over 55 community apartments or rentals? My friend is really over 55
Flag Fri Aug 17, 2012
Jane, age is irrelevant as far as rental properties go. Your over 45 friend can rent a place anywhere he/she wants.
my friend does not want to live with students - so it matters to her which apartment and would prefer one designated for over 40 adults
Flag Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hi Jane,

You bet! There are tons of apartments for under $1000 / month.

Is your friend looking for anything specific? Stuff like Number of bedrooms/bathrooms? Dishwasher? Views? Fitness Center? Pool?

I actually specialize in finding rentals for people - duplexes, condos, cottages, all over Austin, and I know there are tons of options out there right now.

Just send me an email, and I'll send you some specific places to look at on-line

A JB Goodwin Realtor
tons of apartments under $1000? Then why does Trulia only show 58? She does not want to live with students, which is why she is looking for complexes that rent to people over 40. She wants washer and dryer in the apartment, and she has a cat that likes to go outside so fenced in yard area would be ideal, but not required. Dishwasher and pool are not necessary. And she will be working in Central Austin - so somewhere near there. Even better if the $1000 includes utilities because that is all of her budget. She has a house in another city that she will be keeping and this Austin gig will be less than 5 years.
Flag Fri Aug 17, 2012