looking for a rent home in the area ,i have an eviction

Asked by tanequawilliams12, Dallas, TX Fri Jun 14, 2013

Answers

9
Andrew Wetzel’s answer
Andrew Wetzel, Agent, Garland, TX
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Hi Tanequa,
It's difficult to find a place after an eviction, but not impossible. If I know my clients have credit or eviction issues from the start, I try to have them put everything in a letter of explanation before I submit any applications. In that letter I have my clients explain the situation and how it happened, what caused it, and what is being done to resolve the situation (if it hasn't been resolved already). Being up front with owners has more often than not helped my clients secure a property they may not have qualified for had they just let the owners find out about the eviction/credit problems by themselves. Like most strategies, it doesn't work all the time. However, honesty is the best policy- especially if they are going to find out anyway through a background check!

If you're still looking, I would be happy to try and help you find your next rental home. Feel free to contact me at the information below and I'll help however I can. Thanks!

Andrew Wetzel
Wetzel Investments
Keller Williams
469-795-1522
info@dallasinvests.com
Diane Briggs, Agent, Irving, TX
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Since most landlords and/or property management companies do run credit checks, you could possibly find something with a higher deposit upfront, as Chris stated. If you are unable to find anyone to assist, you could consider a co-signer for your lease, or check around on sites like Craigslist to find individuals managing their own rent home (without a management company). There are a handful of people that will do this, and sometimes not even require a credit check, as long as you can provide proof of steady income and meet their deposit requirements.

Diane Briggs, REALTOR®
Asset Realty
(214) 289-0093
http://www.TxHomeConnections.com
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Just pick 1 Realtor to find you what your needing.
Linda Barrett…, Agent, The Colony, TX
Tue Jun 25, 2013
If you eviction is more than a year old I know an apt complex that will lease to you...It's very nice in north dallas, hardwood floors, new appliances, call me: 214-527-7144
Ahmaad Monroe, , Dallas, TX
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Tanequa It is difficult to lease w/ an eviction however we do have some Private owners that will work with an eviction depending on the circumstances. typically at least an additional month deposit is going to be required however. Feel free to contact us, to see if we have something that would work for you.
Rosalyn Tray…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Jun 15, 2013
I suggest finding a home that does not have a management company, finding a landlord that is not represented by a real estate agent. Having someone co-sign the lease is another option. Be prepared to pay several months extra for a security deposit. If there was an outstanding reason you were evicted, perhaps you will be accepted as a tenant.
Best of luck.
Rosalyn
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Sat Jun 15, 2013
My colleagues are right on target, I couldn't agree more with their advice. You are off to goa good start by being honest and up-front. All the best to you!
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Jun 15, 2013
It will be very hard to find a place with an eviction history.

You need to have a letter explaining why you were evicted and prepared to pay double or even triple of deposit.

You can visit http://www.findyourtexashome.com/leasing for properties for lease.

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Chris Hutchi…, Agent, Hurst, TX
Fri Jun 14, 2013
It is very difficult to rent a home with an eviction on your credit.

I'm not saying it is impossible but if you do find a landlord willing you will most likely pay significantly higher security deposits.

It is much easier to find a second chance apartment that will forgive your eviction.

Chris Hutchinson
REALTOR®
The Michael Group
972.809.0607
http://www.chrishutchinsonrealestate.com