looking for a 3 bdrm home that allows dogs. in wtvl-augusta area. can prepay 6mos rent & huge security dep?

Asked by rhlvigue, Augusta, ME Sat Aug 18, 2012

relocating from cali and need a home to rent while trying to get restablished in the community. need help desparately!

Answers

1
Charlene Ham…, Agent, Camden, ME
Sat Aug 18, 2012
hi - House rentals are very tight right now - and it is even more difficult to find one that allows dogs. Have you considered trying to buy? I know it is a hassle to try and relocate and purchase at the same time, but you will probably pay less for a mortgage than you will for rent.

If you really want to rent first, I suggest you contact a property management company to see what they might have available. Vanguard Property Management is one i- their website is http://www.vpmmaine.com/

they have a few homes available for rent - give them a call and see what they can do for you!
charlene
yes we have looked into buying but its not a viable option right now. we have sold our home here in cali but my husband has not locked down a job yet. its impossible to buy a house and get a loan with out a job. we need to get there and get settled to secure the job so we know where to buy. we are in a catch 22. we only have $25,000 which is not enough to outright buy a home thats even worth living in anywhere in the area. we have tried for 2 months and didn't get anywhere with it. now we are getting desparate to find someplace before we get there, homeless. :/ i looked at the site you posted and i don't see anything there for us. but thanks for your answer. i appreciate it.
Flag Sat Aug 18, 2012