looking at renting a home in Highlands ranch, trying to decide between HR High & Thunderridge high any advice? Also best rental sites?

Asked by , Tue Jan 31, 2012

Answers

6
Gary & Kathy…, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Thu Mar 13, 2014
Both areas have excellent schools, so whichever area you can find a rental would be great. Rentals are rather hard to come by, so you have to be ready to make a quick decision. It would be good to have a rental application filled out and ready to submit to your prospective landlord. It is also good to have a personal resume on you and your family to give the landlord a snapshot of your family to add some human interest and to set you apart.
Gary & Kathy
Our son graduated from Thunderridge, and our daughter graduated from Highlands Ranch! You are going to win no matter which high school in Highlands Ranch you choose! We like Rentals.com and Craigslist. Use the search fields in CraigsList and also the auto emails to get first crack at rentals!

Gary & Kathy
RE/MAX Professionals
303-791-6901keemeni allowance
Flag Thu Mar 13, 2014
Tanya, Home Seller, Highlands Ranch, CO
Fri Dec 20, 2013
Go Grizzlies! You're going to have good and bad everywhere. I would choose between Thunderridge and Mountain Vista, leave HRHS out of the mix. The kids I know say there is a lot of pot use at HRHS, I know that is probably a misconception but well, where there is smoke.... there is a joint. I jest, I'm sure it is a great school though, its just what the kids say so take it with a grain of salt.
Joyce Sedam, Agent, Centennial, CO
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Dan,

Colorado is a great place to live and Highlands Ranch schools have proven to be some of the best. Thunderidge has a great reputation for their academics as well as their sports programs.
Property Management is one of the fields that I am familiar with. I see you are in the mortgage business so agreements are something you are familiar with. In this environment, it is critical you know who your landlord is and whether the home you are looking at is in foreclosure or not.
I would be happy to locate a rental that meets your needs as well as a good match for the landlord.

Joyce Sedam
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
720-934-7085
jsedam@gmail.com
http://www.JoyceSedam.com
Web Reference:  http://joycesedam.com
Matt Motzkus, Agent, Littleton, CO
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Dan,

I'm am proud to call Highlands Ranch home. My wife and I have been very pleased with the school system in Douglas County. My oldest will attend Thunderidge next year, but I also know many familes that have great things to say about Highlands Ranch High. It may just come down to a walk through and introduction with the administration at both schools. The best rental site have I found is Rentals.com.

All the Best,

Matt Motzkus
RE/MAX Professionals
5280 Magazine Five Star Agent
720-218-6153
mmotzkus@rmpro.net
Web Reference:  http://www.mattmotzkus.com
Laurie Sande…, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Tue Jan 31, 2012
We moved here from Valencia 5 years ago and love it! My boys go to Mountain Vista High School and have been very happy there. It is very strong academically. Thunder Ridge has the IB program but my boys have taken lots of the AP classes offered at Mountain Vista. They just told me that Highlands Ranch High is the drug school but I have never heard that before. The best website to look for rentals in this area is Craigslist. I hope this helps.

Laurie
Ed Quinn, , Los Angeles, CA
Tue Jan 31, 2012
I have friends with kids in both schools and they very satisfied. I am a youth leader in a Highlands Ranch church and have junior boys from all the HR highs schools. Of course each kid claims his high school is the best. All are very accessible and welcome visits from the public inquiring about specific academics, sports, or music/arts programs. Ed
Web Reference:  http://www.EdQuinnSite.com