is it possible to find a realtor that can show me apts/condos/houses within my price range without paying a realtor fee?

Asked by Jkubat_2001, Milford, CT Mon Apr 15, 2013

Answers

9
Michael Cope…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Of course! In most places and transactions it is the seller who pays the commission to the listing brokerage which then gets split between the listing agent and the buyer's agent. The buyer's agent gets a share of the commission for bringing a buyer to the table.

Some agents will ask you to sign a buyers agency agreement which could state that you will agree to compensate them in the rare situation that there is no commission split or if the seller is paying a lower than normal commission. It's up to you as the buyer to decide if working with an agent that asks this of you is right for you, but there are many (myself included) that do not use these agreements.

My time and service to buyers will never cost a buyer a penny because you have enough expenses to face when buying a home...good luck!
Jamie Pauley, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Hi! Are you coming to Seattle- or coming for a tour? If so, I'd love to show you around and get you organized to preview a few places, complimentary. Are you planning to buy? Or thinking of renting first?

You may give me a call to discuss further-

Jamie Pauley, Broker
Windermere Seattle, Ballard

(206) 683-0359
Lisa O. Tole…, Agent, Bremerton, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
The realtor fee is paid by the Seller/Landlord so any realtor you pick to work with can show you the homes.
Patrick Beri…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
I think that's more of an east coast thing. Buyers don't usually pay the broker fees here.
Ray Akers, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Whether you're renting or buying, the agent's fees are paid by the seller/landlord. ( However, if you plan to buy, it would be unethical to use the services of one agent to show you homes and condos, then choose a different agent to write up the sale.)
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Yes, but you really do not need an agent to show you rentals. Everything is on Craigs list.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
David Bell, , Seattle, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Real Estate Agent are usually paid by the seller, so in most cases you don't pay a fee.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Normally the services of a Realtor to a buyer or renter is totally FREE. The seller or owner pays the fee, not you.
Puneet Sachd…, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Yes you can. Just find somebody with experience and is currently doing transactions so they know today's market. This market is different and you have to have a professional Real Estate expert on your side..