Rentals in Swansea>Question Details

Susan, Other/Just Looking in Swansea, MA

i was wondering,I need to break my lease two months into it,I keep taking asthma attacks here,I need to leave,asap. How can I do this?

Asked by Susan, Swansea, MA Mon Oct 26, 2009

breaking a lease

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Swansea

Hi Susan,

To properly answer this question would require a review of your lease agreement. That said, there may not be an "out" built into the agreement as it was written by the landlord, not you. You may want to talk to the landlord and explain the situation bu not before you discover what is causing the attacks first. If there is an uncorrectable health issue with the property it might be the leverage you need for your escape.

Ray Cardoza
Swansea, Ma
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 26, 2009
First approach your landlord with a letter from your Doctor, if he does not wish to help contact an attorney to review your options. I recommend Percy Law Group 508-8281900
Confer with your medical doctor support your claim of attacks

No one can render an opinion till entire executed lease is reviewed on behalf of property owner and yourself. Have you approached owner yet for issues?

Both parties are governed by terms and conditions.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
Hi Susan- I think there is nothing in your lease agreement that would give you this easy "out"- but maybe you should just call your landlord and see what you can work out. Maybe offer him to pay the next 2 months of rent- and he allows you to break the lease with no other repercussions. If I was the landlord and I thought I could rent it out again within 2 months, I would do that no big problem...

Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
PS- I am a landlord and this is just my 2 cents...