i rent 5102 yellow rose ct bakersfield ca 93307 is this a scam, owner live in TX , i deposit monies in wells fargao bank

Asked by Annette Harshaw, Bakersfield, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

Answers

2
Steve Kittre…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Sat Nov 24, 2012
I have all of my tenants deposit in a local bank account, so that doesn't mean it's a scam. Many of my owners live out of state. Like Don said, what makes you think it's a scam?
If you deal with an 'owner' instead of a Property Management Company, you should do some research to see if it's legitimate.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
Well, if you're living there, that removes one aspect of a possible scam.

However, if the question is whether the money is going to the owner . . . not necessarily, even if it's legitimate. It's easy enough to determine who owns the house and where he/she lives. The tax assessor for Bakersfield can answer that question. Often, the money would be going directly to the owner. But if the owner is using a management company to handle the rental, your money would be going to the management company.

What makes you think it might be a scam?
because she lives in TX and say its her uncle house and i have to deposit the money at wells fargo bank her name address or pone number is not on lease and she wont do any repairs put small ones,
Flag Thu Jul 19, 2012