i need to report a property manager/real estate agent

Asked by Tracy, Thu May 17, 2012

a hired a property manager after already obtaining a tenant. the property manager then changed the price of the rental on both me and the tenant without owner (my) permission. when i called her to talk about it, she started yelling at me and being extremely unprofessional. i fired her and now she refuses to give me back the key to my house which i gave her to place in a lock box while i was out of town incase she needed to enter the house for some reason. i need my key back and want to report her for her actions.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jeanne Diete…, Agent, Moreno Valley, CA
Tue May 20, 2014
Hi Tracy,
I can see your frustration with this company. You didn`t mention how much you paid her or she paid herself or if you had a contract. If it were my property I would find out who the managing broker is and consider writing a letter expressing my concerns and reasonable demands. A letter can sometimes give the other person time to reflect rather than a phone call where they can behave as you stated above. If I received no response and the out of pocket cost were minimal I would keep on walking. Conflicts like this can drain me of my energy and distract me from profitable tasks.
If you want to read more about property management here is a web site to start you off.
Hope this helps…
0 votes
Georgena Lane, Other Pro,
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Did you report this to her broker?
0 votes
Daniel Evans, Agent, Placentia, CA
Fri May 18, 2012
First order of business is to get possession of the property and to be sure the tenant's rights are not being violated. You can report the agent to the dre at a later time.

What contracts do you have with the agent? Management agreement, listing agreement, etc? Those will state specifically the agent's (property manager) duties.

I'm a Menifee broker and know most agents here. I'd be happy to communicate with your agent to attempt a peaceful resolution. (no cost) I would just need a little more info.

Feel free to give me a call.

Dan Evans
(951) 764-4866
0 votes
Dan, your the BEST! Were you able to help?
Flag Tue Aug 14, 2012
Lulit, , Menifee, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
Start with California department of real estate website. First check her license using their free public look up section, just to make sure her status. Then browse the web page & contact the appropriate department.
Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.dre.ca.gov
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more