Holly Bernard, Other/Just Looking in Little Egg Harbor To...

i need a 2 bedroom home in little egg harbor, but i want to rent from a private owner who doesn't rent based on credit score and can work with me

Asked by Holly Bernard, Little Egg Harbor Township, NJ Sat Jul 21, 2012

Answers

3
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Sun Jul 22, 2012
If you have letters of reference and a documented work history it is possible to find a rental, but it won't be easy. Contact me for more info.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Landlords use credit score to assist them in determining the likelihood that the tenant will pay promptly and take care of the property. How will your provide that assurance to a landlord in lieu of providing your credit history?
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Sat Jul 21, 2012
Renter

This site is for questions and answers between sellers/buyers and landlords/renters who are using a real estate agent/agency.

If you want a private rental, go to rental websites that list rentals through private owners.

I will say, however, very unlikely that most landlords wont ask for your credit history prior to renting to you. If you are a bad credit risk (too many late payments) , too many bills, or too much outstanding debt, why would they take a chance renting to you? The eviction process is long and expensive for a landlord, all the while they aren't getting any income from their property.