i am currently in chapter 13 bankruptcy. I desperately need to find an apartment. Any advice on this at all?

Asked by Desperate, San Antonio, TX Sun Jun 20, 2010

Answers

7
Shannon Knig…, Both Buyer And Seller, Saint Petersburg, FL
Wed Feb 25, 2015
"Desperate," do you have any money you could put down?

I work with a team of investors who have several properties in the San Antonio area available for lease with the option to buy.

Your credit isn't as important as your ability to pay a small chunk down - usu b/w $2k-$5k, and that money can go toward the purchase of the property if you decide you want to own the house.

We even have a credit-repair process that gets you going in the right direction so you are more likely to get financing a year or two down the line.

Let me know if you're interested and we can see if any of the lease-option properties look good to you!

Either way, good luck and I wish you the best!! :D

-Shannon
sknight@dskassociates.org
I need to contact Shannon
Flag Wed Feb 24, 2016
Elbelpat, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Jan 10, 2015
The same thing is happening with us but were trying rent out a House we need help as soon as possible
ApartmentReb…, , San Antonio, TX
Wed Jun 23, 2010
The apartment manager can look at your situation and make a decision. Cash upfront is pretty key.
Web Reference:  http://www.ApartmentFlix.com
Josh M. Boggs, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Desperate,

Have you been turned down by several apartments already?

I used to manage 2 of the largest multi-family complexes in San Antonio and I know we were very stringent on credit, but with the proper "supporting letter" and explanation, sometimes we possibly could make exceptions. The one big one is usually not the bankruptcy, it's the "owing another apartment complex" or another real estate transaction that may be showing up on your credit.

What and where are you looking for? I still have some friends that are managers of places; with the right scenario I'm sure we could get you in.

Josh
Web Reference:  http://www.eXposedHomes.com
Mark Gonzalez, , San Antonio, TX
Sun Jun 20, 2010
After you talk to a Bankruptcy Lawyer, look for an apartment that is owned by a private owner. They can usually be found in the Classified Sect. of the news paper, or you could find one on Craigs List.

Mark Gonzalez, Realtor
Texas Affordable Housing Specialist
The Real Estate Team, Inc.
10502 Lands Run St.
San Antonio, TX. 78230
Direct #: 210-912-0286
Personal Fax #: 210-310-2019
E-mail: SARltyMG7@live.com
Matt Stiglia…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Desperate,

I am not an apartment locator, but I do know that Talavera off of Blanco, just inside 1604 has been very helpful for some clients of mine with similar issues. They typically require a full month of deposit in addition to their move-in fees (which I found quite reasonable). Shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to introduce you to Jessica or Korinda, my contacts there.

If Talavera isn't the place you're looking for or not in the right area, I would suggest contacting an apartment locator as they usually know what apartments will accept people with cases such as yours.

Of course, most management companes will want that bankruptcy discharged.

Hope that helps!

Matt Stigliano, Realtor (r)
RE/MAX Access
(210) 646-HOME
http://www.RErockstar.com
Nanci Zimmer…, , Cedar Park, TX
Sun Jun 20, 2010
You should consult a bankruptcy attorney for advice. I am sure they run up against these problems all the time. Good luck to you.