Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

Rebecca Wade, Renter in Las Vegas, NV

how truthful is the ads in this trulia..?

Asked by Rebecca Wade, Las Vegas, NV Mon May 13, 2013

Like any form of advertising it's up to you the buyer/renter to sift through the minutia and do your own due diligence before you ever put any money into anyone's hands. Trulia is not a baby sitter anymore than a newspaper, Craigslist or Ebay. You're going to get scams no matter where you look.
I agree with the others that have answered. Online ads should always be taken with a healthy dose of cynicism. Check things out for yourself.
No different than ads in the Newspaper or magazines. If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.
Trulia is a public platform... anyone can put information into it... though it has moderators there is so much information that you cannot trust everything 100%... is like saying how truthful is the world? or How truthful is the internet?

For sale info is better than for rent.. but be careful eitherway and work with an agent you can trust.

Trulia is truthful.

Not everyone who posts homes for rent are truthful. There are real agents & property managers posting homes for rent & then there are many scammers.

Here's how you spot the difference. Please read my 2 blog postings here on Trulia through my profile, if you can't find them on my profile, google this phrase "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE" and you will reduce the likelihood that you will end up giving any of your money to a scammer.

It's virtually impossible for Trulia to weed out the scammers because anyone can direct you to a "rental website" where fake owner or property manager information exists.

I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group

I also have expertise as a
Short Sale Listing Agent
100% Success Rate in CA
Most of the ads are pretty accurate, however there are some expired listings for sale. Also there is been few reports from renters of scam looking ads with underpriced properties. where you may be asked to send money in exchange for keys.