how easy is to find a lease for 2 or 3 years? I need a 4-bedroom house close to the arboretum area (3 to 4kUS amonth)

Asked by jean-pierre.nougier, Austin, TX Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

12
Maria Cipollone’s answer
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Normally Landlords want to get 12 months lease to get to know the tenant and the ability to pay the rent on time. But if you get in touch with a Real Estate Agent, he or she may know a Landlord that is willing to do the 2 or 3 years lease.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Dear Jean-pierre,
I just ran a Lease search for homes under $4000 by the Arboretum and found 9 homes between $2500-$4000. On average the homes have 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and 2 living rooms with about 3150 square feet. Three landlords required a one year lease. There were six homes offered for a two year lease. So I would wager if you sign two year lease, those landlords are more likley to renew a good tenant with a minimal bump in rent. I hope this helps, please let me know if I may be of further service.
Cheers,
Betina

Austin Home Girls Realty
1601 West 6th Street
Austin, TX 78703
Lori Bolton, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 5, 2012
many landlords are willing to do 2-3 year leases if that is your preference as they don't have to deal with yearly turnover
Teresa Scott…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Hello Jean-Pierre,

It probably will not be that hard to find a lease for the two to three year duration. If you are not woring with a real estate professional, please give me a call at (512) 431-2442 or send me a text.

Teresa Scott-Tibbs
"Your Angel in Real Estate"
Stanberry & Associates
(512) 431-2442
http://www.angelinrealestate.com
Bill Austin, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Jean-Pierre,
Not to easy at all. I find that about 20% of owners are willing to go beyond 1 year. The reasons; 1)they really want to sell 2) they want to be ale to raise rents with the market. 3) rental market is tight
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Jean-Pierre, it should not be too difficult to find a landlord willing to lease you a property for two and maybe three years in that area. If you have good qualifications etc. most landlords would prefer to have the guaranteed income for more than six months or a year. If you're not working with a lease agent, please contact me as soon as possible so I can get some more specifics from you and run a search and let you know exactly what is available. I am a lease agent who works in that area and would be happy to assist you at no cost to you. Thanks, Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty, 512-261-4415
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Dear Jean-Pierre,
While most homes are listed for a one year lease, many landlords are happy to sign a 2-3 year lease. This saves them from having to go through the process to have a "make-ready" done on the property, advertise the property and find and screen prospective new tenants. There are several homes for lease under $4K near the Arboretum. It should not be too difficullt to find the right home if you have the right Realtor. I wish you luck!

Betina

Betina Foreman, Realtor, C.N.E.
Austin Home Girls Realty
vivianne dor…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Bonjour, Jean-Pierre,

Prendre une maison a bail est d'habitude pour un an, mais on peut toujours demander une plus longue duree. J'aime l'Arboretum aussi et je pourrais vous aider trouver une maison a louer.
Vous pouvez m'ecrire a vdordea@austin.rr.com ou me telephoner 512-970-8814.
Vivianne
Ronald Culli…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Hello Jean-Pierre.

I did a quick search this morning and found 24 houses within decent driving distance to the Arboreteum. While not all of them are likely to fit your needs, a substantial portion might. As mentioned earlier, most landlords ask for a one year lease, but they can often be persuaded to accept a longer term lease. One of the critical questions will be; do you have pets? if so, this list will likely be smaller.

Please contact me to discuss your needs and I'll send you a list of homes that fit your description of those needs.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
Ron,

No pets on our side.
You can contact me at jean-pierre.nougier@gemalto.com. I am in France right now but should be Austin by Friday.
Rgds,

JP
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
Mia Sanchez,…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Most home owners want their Leases to be 1 to 2 years maximum. When are you needing to move in? You can call/text/ or email me.

512-426-6995
mia@miasellsaustin.com
Molly Pierce, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
It is 100x easier when you have a great real estate agent. Call me and I can find you a great place in that area and negotiate the terms for you. Many, not all, but most landlords will allow for longer leases and will lower the rent when you agree to a longer terms up front. Call me, I can help take all the stress off your home search.

Molly Pierce
512-497-4363
Eric Hegwer, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Sep 4, 2012
It's really easy! Give me a call, and I can find you a really nice place and even save you some money.

Eric

-----------------------------
e::Eric@EricEstate.com
p::512.712,5842
g::Google+
w::Austin Real Estate
t::@EricEstate
f::ericestate
-----------------------------