how can i evict someone out as soon as possible?

Asked by Mary Jone, Polk County, TX Sat Aug 21, 2010

i let my neice stay in our mobile home under certain conditions & she isnt doing them what can i do

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Sat Aug 21, 2010
First, call or visit your county courthouse. They may have some 'self-help' brochures that will explain the process and the local law in this regard. Second, if you have a lease, read it carefully. A lease is a contract and, as long as it is in compliance with the law, it can be enforced. Third, you may want to consider talking to a lawyer. It will cost you a little bit of money, but in the long run it may save you a ton of money in lost rent

I am a landlord myself here in New Jersey. It's not easy, but then again I have never found a way to earn money for nothing. :) In the future, I would try to avoid renting to family members. It's just too close an emotional tie. Leasing a property is a business transaction and should be treated like one. If you were a doctor or a lawyer you would be advised not to treat or represent yourself or your immediate family and that is good advice for landlords too.

Going forward, make sure you verify employment, do a credit check to make sure the potential tenant pays their bills on time (they don't necessarily need a stellar credit score, but they do need to have a history of paying their bills) and get references. You may even want to get a criminal back ground check. You can never be too careful

Good Luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Rentals in Popular Cities in Polk County

Email me when…

Learn more