Jaime Rivera, Home Buyer in Huntington Beach, CA

hi.. im a u.s army disable veteran. I want to rent a house or apartment at tampa fl. my credit score is 574. can I still renting?

Asked by Jaime Rivera, Huntington Beach, CA Mon Jun 24, 2013

Answers

6
Kirsten Priz…, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I handle a lot of rentals in the Fort Myers area. Most of the tenants have issues with their credits do to short sale, foreclosure, bad economy.... We look at credentials from former landlords!
Andrew Saltm…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
You will be able to rent but you need to explain the issues on your credit report assuming they do pull your credit.
Rosie Eisenm…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Your answers need to come first from a realtor or agent or a landlord willing in FLORIDA. Every state is different and governed by different laws. Then it should come from one of them that services the area where you are looking. If you need a contact in Tampa, let me know, I have associates all over the state of Florida where I am licensed and you are looking.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Thank you for your service, best bet are letters of recommendation plus past landlord positive letter.
Rosie Eisenm…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Mr. Rivera, first let me say thank you for serving our country and protecting our freedom. I'm not sure if you realize, but you are asking the east coast of Florida for help on the west coast, perhaps if you pose your question to the agents and realtors in Tampa, you will have a better response. God bless.
Dennis Evans, Agent, Clifton Park, NY
Mon Jun 24, 2013
A credit score is one way that landlords use to measure how well you are suited to pay the rent. Each landlord has different criteria and you may be able to obtain a rental if you have other things like previous recommendations from past rentals etc.
I would find a local realtor and explain your situation and they will be able to help you further.
Anther good idea is to check your credit report for any errors, etc.
The credit report is used widely by everyone and has been known to have errors, But if you don't look it over and report these errors, It wont get any better... Hope this helps!