hi am looking for an apt with 1 bedroom along portage park and jefferson park. thank you

Asked by Marites Delizo, Chicago, IL Fri Jul 26, 2013

Answers

6
, ,
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Good morning Marites,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Greetings Marites,

Depending on your budget, many options exist in these areas. Feel free to contact me should you need any help.
Web Reference:  http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jul 29, 2013
You can also search Craigslist or domu.com.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Get a good leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.
Bonnie O'Lea…, Agent, Arlington Heights, IL
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Send me email I will send you rental listing that are available in the area .Bozena111@comcast.net
773 807 0353
Thank you
Bonnie Oleary
Marzol Realty Group
Kimberly Sim…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Hi . Send me an email with and lets get you in to the apt of you dreams
Ksimmons@homescoutrealty.com
Kim simmons
Leasing Agent