ashleynvega, Renter in Astoria, NY

hello, i am looking for a place in Astoria,Queens perferbly a townhouse or duplex 3 bed 2 bth, with amenties for under $2,800 Priviately Owned only.

Asked by ashleynvega, Astoria, NY Wed May 2, 2012

please be by a train to get to the city.

Answers

9
Antolin Du B…, Other Pro, New York, NY
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Try Craiglist or Sublet.com, and save the fees.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed May 2, 2012
Check http://www.mlsli.com or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner renals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Anu Dutta, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Wed May 16, 2012
We specialize rentals in Queens, please check our site http://www.WERENTNY.com or call our office 646-606-2366 if you're still looking.
Pat Gentile, Agent, New York, NY
Fri May 11, 2012
Hello call our office we will try to help you 7188463008
The REALTY D…, , Queens, NY
Thu May 3, 2012
I have a loft apt with doorman and all utilities included except for electric.
Rent $2,950
Call or text at (347)219-2037
Email: therealtydepot@gmail.com
Christine At…, Agent, Plainiew, NY
Wed May 2, 2012
Hi i have a 2 bedroom 2 full bath duplex apartment in Astoria, with huge familyroom,backyard,parking,W/D in the unit asking$2650 if you have any questions please call. Christine 516 647-9091
Maureen Mizu…, Agent, Ozone Park, NY
Wed May 2, 2012
Happy to help,but first we would have to meet and discuss this further to properly help you. If you are interested in doing this please text, call, or email me.
maureenmizuno@exitrealtycentral.com
917-443-9880
Eddie McGowan, Agent, Bellerose Terrace, NY
Wed May 2, 2012
I'd be glad to assist you in finding the right place! Please feel free to contact me tomorrow.

---Eddie
718-440-4180
Web Reference:  http://www.EddieMcGowan.com