do you have to have a co signer ? or deposits for rentals?

Asked by gonzalezcesar1313, Orange, CA Wed Feb 5, 2014

Answers

5
Laurawu27, Home Buyer, Orange, CA
Tue Jul 14, 2015
can a cosigner entitle part of the deposit too?? I am an on site manager for 85 units. I have one unit need cosigner, so the boyfriend signed for the girl in order to get the unit. Now they broke up and the girl is going to move out the unit. They both came to me asked about the security deposit. can someone answer my question?? Thanks!!

Laura
Larry Webb,…, Agent, Ladera Ranch, CA
Thu Mar 27, 2014
Hi Cesar, It really depends on your current credit scores and the actual property you want to rent. Each one is different. If you'd like some help with rentals/leases, please let me know.

Dr. Larry Webb, MBA
Broker Associate/Agent – REALTOR®
(714) 222-1465
Century 21 Award - Fine Homes & Estates
Orange County, California
E-Mail: DrLarryWebb@cox.net
Video Biography: http://www.DrLarryWebb.com
Website: http://www.LaderaRanchHomeSales.com
See my professional recommendations on Trulia.com
CalBRE Real Estate Broker’s License: 01413405
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Hello<

Yes you will need a deposit for the rental. The security deposit can be the same amount as one months rent. If you have pets you may be subject to an increased deposit.

If your credit is not strong enough to rent on your own, a co signer may help you.

Some large apartment communities offer move in specials, where the total move in cost may be reduced.

Best of luck to you.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Ingrid Ski R…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Yes.
There is always a security deposit and there not always a cosigner needed it just depends on your situation, credit score and income and of course I you have any pets there will be a deposit for that too

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Nicole Fedor…, Agent, Santa Ana, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Hello!
Yes, a deposit is almost always required. Its usually the amount of the monthly rent, but cannot exceed two times the monthly rent (unless its a furnished rental).
A co-signer is not required, but can help you if you have unstable income or low credit.

Please let me know if I can assist you in finding the right rental!

Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
714-914-5097
realtornicolef@gmail.com