can anyone please help with apartment/condo search?

Asked by Carmen Brown, Berwyn, IL Mon Aug 5, 2013

I am currently on the market for a 1 bedroom apartment/condo in the Berwyn, IL area (prefferably) or anywhere around that area. I'm a student and my credit is not the best I like to refer to it as work in progress, but I have never been evicted nor do I have any lien or bankruptcy lingering there as well. Due to my credit score I do not try my search through brokers, agents, etc. Can someone please help!

Answers

1
Patricia McG…, Agent, Oak Park, IL
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Hi, Carmen. A low credit score shouldn't limit your ability to work with a broker or agent. Do you currently live in an apartment? If so, will your landlord vouch for you?

Despite your credit score, are you current on all of your bills? That's probably the most important thing. Landlords want to know that you will pay your rent - and pay it on time.
Thank you Mrs. McGuiness for responding to my post. Yes, I do currently live in an apartment and have been for the last 14 months with a really great renters history and my landlord has agreed to vouch for that history to any potential landord that may need it.
Flag Mon Aug 5, 2013