any info on the portobello complex?

Asked by rrboyer, Oakland, CA Thu Dec 13, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3101479841-247-4th-St-Oakland-C…

Answers

2
Michael Sands’ answer
Michael Sands, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for the inquiry and questions about the Portobello community. This is a very large collection of condominiums originally built in the 1970's as apartments, and converted to condominiums in the 1980's. Most of the units remain in the original converted condition and appearance, offering mostly dated, carpet filled very cookie cutter options in a variety of sizes. Typical sales prices are much lower in this community, but the HOA dues are extremely high-even higher than the luxury and full service buildings in the Jack London Square area. The community IS adjacent to the Estuary, with some units offering fantastic location, views and vantage points from the balconies and common areas. Community swimming pools, club house areas, etc. are on the property-which is laid out in a confusing manner; but does have a somewhat park-like setting. The water-front units are the main selling feature of the community. Investor pricing, for sure; but leasing within the condo regulations is already exceeded. If you were actually inquiring about the listing that you were on, the lease available in the Fourth Street Lofts; please let me know. I can provide you with photos, floor-plans, etc. This is a fantastic Warehouse Loft conversion building, with the most popular restaurant in the area, underground parking, secure elevator building with some of the largest loft spaces in Jack London Square. The building is registered with the National Historical Registry, and is still home to MANY of the original 1991 owners! Please feel free to contact me with any of your Jack London Square questions or needs; I have had an office on the same block in Jack London Square for over 10 years, and have all the information you need for any of the community buildings-especially lofts!
Thanks, again!

Michael Sands
510-816-9777
SandsREgroup@gmail.com
lic. 01332851
Are there any apartments there for rent?

Brighid Nicholls
(415)-218-7682
Flag Wed Apr 29, 2015
Joe Annunzia…, Agent, San Leandro, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Hello:
Coincidentally, I was in this building just two days ago performing a BPO. You have asked about the Portobello Complex but I believe the building in this listing is called the Fourth Street Lofts (at least this is the name on the building). It is a revamped warehouse with mixed use spaces. There are businesses and a restaurant on the ground floor with the condo units accessed through a secured door. I was also in the building about a year ago and both of the units I have seen were fairly large loft style units with somewhat large, open living space and an open loft space for the bedroom. The area has a number of properties similar to this one with some being re-worked and others being significantly newer buildings. There is a lot of foot traffic (I was there at lunch time) with plenty of restaurants with outdoor eating spots, coffee shops etc...

If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Joe Annunziato III
510-967-9350
joe@annunziato.com
Portobello is NOT Fourth St Lofts.... Not even close!
Flag Tue Jun 30, 2015