Rentals in Brandon>Question Details

taylorblubau…, Renter in Brandon, FL

3 students moving to the area. HELP!

Asked by taylorblubaugh, Brandon, FL Sun Mar 10, 2013

Im going to be moving to Brandon in about July with my roomate and boyfriend. Our price range is between 900-1000 per month, we all have reliable income and all names on the lease. We just cant seem to find anyone to students in an area that seems suitable to us. We want something in a very safe neighborhood, perferably gated community - not too sure if they would approve 3 18 year olds though.

I also don't live in the area, almost 3 hours from so I cant just travel to look. I need serious Help, moving date is coming quick !

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Brandon

Answers

3
Do you have parents that wouf co-sign the lease?

Tracy Hoyt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
Taylor,

Call me t 813-352-6219. Or send me an email at thoyt@prutropical.com with the bedroom, bath, location (which school) and price cap. I can then send you places to review.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
yes.
Flag Sun Mar 10, 2013
Find and apartment complex or student housing. Otherwise, before you hand over any money to any person to rent their property you MUST do a BACKGROUND check on the OWNER! We have unscruplous owners and scammers that will take your money and deposit money and then the bank will soon foreclose. Additionally the owner may not tell you they are in foreclosure and then will require you to allow Realtors to trapse through for a Short Sale, also not fun. So do yourself a favor and get into student housing or pay more rent and go into an apartment complex.

Or... if any of you happen to have a parent with the financial ability to buy, they could rent it back to you and earn much more than having the money in a bank in a CD earning minimal interest.

Or.. if any of you have a stable job and good credit, we have a generous first time homebuyer program in Florida that may be able to give you up to $7,500 to buy a property. I just had a first time homebuyer that put $1k down and actually got $375 back at closing and now has a beautiful home and is not at the mercy of a landlord.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Thanks for your help, however at 18 years old - im not ready to buy my house. Im only staying in the area for school, not permanitly.
Flag Sun Mar 10, 2013
Hi there. What do you need: a 2 or 3 bedroom place and 1 or 2 baths? Are you looking for an apartment, condo, townhouse, or house? Are you going to be attending USF? Like Tracy said below, at least one parent will have to be a co-signer/guarantor of the lease. Can understand your urgency. Unfortunately agents put very little information on the MLS with regards to rentals so it is hard to know what you are getting. Also, pick one agent to help you, we all see the same thing. It also saves time. Hope this helps.

Debbie Breaw, GRI CRS
Keller Williams Realty, Brandon
Direct: 813-504-1498
Office: 813-684-9500 x310