$1,200 seems too good to be true!

Asked by brownbearie, Chula Vista, CA Fri Aug 24, 2012

Answers

4
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sat Jan 17, 2015
Be careful there are many ripoffs try to post renals that do not exist on Trulia and Craigs List hoping to get the prospective tenant to mail money to them and they they never hear back.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Aug 25, 2012
brown.....

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is......."

Take care to no become one of the many people that are being scammed by requesting money to be sent to them because they are out of the area because of some "off the wall" reason. There are just too many people that have been victimized to take anything for granted.

Insist on photo identification and proof of ownership pior to making any commitment. If they can't accomodate you on this, it's likely best to move on.....

Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sat Aug 25, 2012
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be very careful, especially with rentals. NEVER agree to send any information of wire money out of the country, in fact, I wouldn't wire money at all. Try to meet the owner if at all possible, or work through a realtor to find a legitimate, good rental.
Denise Gleav…, Agent, Claremont, CA
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Dear Brownbearie,

It doesn't show what you are looking at for $1200 per month in Clairemont Mesa East. Since I've lived in the area since 1988 I can tell you for that price you'd be getting a one bedroom condo or a dummy small house on a main street.

There are lots of scams out there. People take our listing data off the internet and post bogus ads. So it's the old adage... if it's too good to be true it is.

If there is something I can help you with, please feel free to contact me directly.
Denise Gleavey, Realtor®
"Your Realtor® for Life"
Coldwell Banker Res. Brokerage
(858)565-7777 Home Office/24 Hr. VM
Denise@IHandleRE4U.com
http://WWW.IHandleRE4U.com
Oh By The Way,T... I'm never too busy for your referrals
Saving Lives One Mile at a Time for Cancer Patients!
Click Here... http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/VineHIrn12/dgleavey