] I have contacted some posts from your site.Is it usual to send payment via western union so the landlord send me the documents ?

Asked by dr.sara1, San Francisco, CA Mon Aug 5, 2013

Answers

7
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Dr. Sara, that sounds like a scam. Do not send any money (in any method) to someone that you haven't met, and haven't viewed the property.

Flag the listing as potential fraud, and let Trulia investigate.
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Never ever ever ever EVER send money via Western Union. If anyone asks you for this, 99% of the time it is a scam. Ask the landlord if you can view the property you are interested in with them. Judge their response, if they want money before meeting or before viewing the property, it is a scam.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Scams are everywhere - they are a huge problem on craigslist. Never send money - meet at the property with the person advertising the property. If they have some excuse why they can't meet you (they are in Africa on missionary work as an example) you can bet it's a scam.
Gabriel Rojas, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Please do not be fooled by this type of correspondence. Any "real" lead on housing will be ready, willing, and able to meet you in person.
Thomas Moser, Agent, East Northport, NY
Mon Aug 5, 2013
This is a well known scam. Never ever send money to an "out of town" landlord. Insist on meeting in person.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
I agree with the others. Sounds very suspect...find something else!! Good luck.
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
This would be along the lines of the person who says you won money, they just need you to pay them to process it first. I have read so many posts about rental scams here my advice is look elsewhere for rentals.

Best of luck