Working professional bi racial female, has great rental references and income, been on job 2 years, o children would like to get a dog...

Asked by Janice Cooper, Palm Springs, FL Tue Jun 7, 2011

My credit is bad, due to a divorce last yr, bankruptcy and medical issues, I'm am looking for a nice place preferably 2/2 near the intracoastal in Lake Worth/Lantana, nothing over $900/1000, looking to move 7/10,can make a deposit now. I moved in to help family last year after my divorce and it is time for my own place. Clean, Honest & responsible if you can look past the credit issue. TY :)

Answers

3
Radinka Ilsi…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Tue Jun 7, 2011
Hi Janice, I am not on your coast of FL so I cant look up rentals for you, but if no one else responds to this post, I can suggest checking out Craigslist for a rental home. Typically when a home owner lists a home for rent with a Realtor to put in the MLS, they ask the agents to do a thorough background check through a third party agency which will then give a recommendation based on the information obtained.
In my experience, I have found that clients of mine who were frequently denied a rental home based on credit had better luck renting from individuals advertising on sites like Craigslist because not all owners care so much about credit history (as SO MANY people have poor credit due to the recession, but still make great money) and are more flexible with what they consider acceptable. Sometimes they will just require a higher upfront security deposit/first month's/last month's rent.
I hope this helps you!
Jack Liebsch…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Tue Jun 14, 2011
Please be advised that you will also encounter properties on the MLS and on other sites which have undisclosed preforeclosures available for rent. If you choose to work with a real estate agent, make sure you ask their assistance to make sure that the owner is not in preforeclosure. You can also determine this information yourself by searching the Palm Beach County property records for the owner's name and then the court records to see if they have any Lis Pendens issued against the property.

Based on your criteria, finding such a rental would be challenging given the available MLS inventory. Craiglist will likely be your best source, but just be weary of scams and other misrepresentations.

Please feel free to contact me via email for any further questions or assistance!
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Jun 9, 2011
You will limit your choices if you have a dog.

Also be very careful about Craigslist and any owner because many are in Preforeclosure so you may have to allow realtors to show for a short sale.

It isn't unreasonable to ask a landlord to see a recent mortgage statement to verify they are making their payments.

Alma