Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

Tracy Barrera, Renter in San Diego, CA

Working downtown Los Angeles - is Corona Ca or Orange too far of a commute. Stay under $2100.00 - recommendations?

Asked by Tracy Barrera, San Diego, CA Mon Jun 24, 2013

That's way too far. You can find many great places to live for under $2,100 in either the Silver Lake/Los Feliz or Miracle Mile/Mid-City areas. Good luck!
It is a gruesome drive most days in commute time, also consider how much you will be spending in gas and time just sitting on the freeway, you will most likely discover it is better to live closer to downtown and within a 20 minute radius.
Good luck and have a great day!
Heather Paul
Thanks - I plan on doing the train for my commute. I'm looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a backyard and lowcrime area. I can afford up to $2000.00 per month a rent - any suggestions? I'm open to a 30-40 mile radius, as I will be telecommuiting 3 days a week.
Flag Mon Jun 24, 2013
I know a few people who do the commute, but they are on the road about 1 hour in the morning and 1.5 hours coming back (assuming you leave around 6am). Why not move closer to Corona? It's a lot cheaper to rent or buy. If you don't have young kids who have to go to good schools, I would suggest considering the move.

Caroline Harabedian
RE-Search Concept
8700 Reseda Blvd., Suite 213-B
Northridge, California 91324
(818) 967-9626 mobile
(818) 979-0226 fax